Wednesday 9 June 2010

Wednesday night!









Wednesday 8:45 p.m.
I've decided I'd better do something about my diet, Jack. Why is that, Hotboy? Well, if you live on bread and soup and beer, you end up getting leprosy and become a fat basturn. Also, I eat loads of butter and cheese and there's something no right about that.

Once I used to stir fry in a wok. Once I ate a lot of pasta. On neither of these times did I turn into a fat basturn.

Then it occurred to me that I can change my diet next month because then the tatties will come on stream.

We went to visit the allotment this evening. There have been days and days of nothing but drizzle and smirr recently, so I have not managed to get up there for a bit. The place has exploded. Everything seems twice the size it was a week ago. The potatoes do love the wet! It is tattie heaven up there. When I go up tomorrow I must remember to talk in an Irish accent ...

The best thing I've ever heard on the radio was a reading of The Poor Mouth by Patrick McGee, a now dead fabulous actor. It's a satire about the west of Ireland (I didn't have to tell you that, Jack, did I?) and nobody in it eats anything but potatoes.

I reckon I could have a potato diet by mid-July. Hurrah!

The first photie is of the cherries before they go red. Then there is the tatties. There's a photie of our lupins and one of the laburnum tree on the way home. Then there is a couple of bees. They say the bees are in trouble, but not around our allotment they aren't. It's hard to get a photie of them though with a mobile phone camera. Then, by accident, there are two photies taken from where I was sitting on Tuesday at the issue desk of my jobbie. Dearie me! Let us not think about that when I don't have to go there till next Monday. Hurrah!

I do hope the weather is okay tomorrow. I need a Thursday with no flatheids. I really do. I can't stand on my head at the hut or do back bends, but you do feel stashed up there, safe and secure.

On Friday I will visit the good mother, who will be going for lunch, and kill some burglars. The kiddo comes home from the Fatherland on Saturday and leaves for the highlands on Sunday, so there will be much agitation everywhere, and I really need to have Thursday on my own. Despite getting over the nicotine and drinking way too much, the meditations continue to be fabuloso.

11 comments:

Marie Rex said...

Great pics! Your flowers are nicer than mine. But we've had very little rain for over a week. Getting lots of exercise hauling buckets of water around the garden. One of these days I may get a hose pipe. But the walking does me good.

Send your kiddo up here, if she is off to the highlands.

I hope you get your quiet Thursday. I'm replanting peppers today in the green house.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I think the kiddo is in the wrong part of the highlands, Inverness. If it hasn't been raining, Skye must have been looking gorgeous at this time of year! Hotboy

rob said...

I'm not making this up: when the pension fund gets too rotund, they send her to a health farm called the potato hotel, where every meal, every course, is made from potatoes. Apparently the weight drops off.

rob said...

Also, as you probably know, the butter and cheese has growth hormones, to make the baby cows put on weight. Look at me. For twenty years, I used olive oil and peanut butter instead. I overshot of course. Now I'm having to revert to butter and cheese for the hormones. Everything balances up.

Of course, the growth hormones can help tumours grow too. Everything balances up.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You must be making that up! But I think there might be vitamin C in tatties. Tatties are a very good food. In yon desert where you live, you'll never appreciate home grown tatties. Do you think I should just eat tatties from mid-july then? Given that you look like you've just crawled out of the crypt, I think advice on slimming from you might be the advice to take! Hotboy

rob said...

Re "It's a satire about the west of Ireland (I didn't have to tell you that, Jack, did I?)". I'm not sure it's fair to suggest that anything about Ireland is automatically satirical. For example, the economy is a tragedy.

rob said...

Marie. Don't do your back in. If you had a cheap hand trolley with a big bucket or barrel on it, you could wheel the water around. One with fat tyres works well in a garden.

rob said...

Hotters, I knew you'd say that.

My colleagues researching blog psychology tell me your comment shows an alcohol reading of only Low. Are they right?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Okay, I will take your advice on this because I don't feel quite right about eating so much butter and cheese. We're talking tons of this here. You can get used to anything. I could stop eating cheese and butter no bother, but I like the breid and I need to put something on it. I know peanut butter is good for protein which I probably need more of (hence the amount of cheese I eat) ... so what can I put on the breid. BTW the sensei and reverend told me once that this dietician he "knew" at the time told him his skin was like a baby's bum because he didn't do dairy. Hotboy

rob said...

I think you're saying the dietician had access to his bum at the time.

What's wrong with peanut butter, olive oil, and a touch of miso? Delicious. On bread, not his bum. Unless he's in a film that calls for certain stage makeup. I avoid cheap supermarket peanut butter though, cos the added palm fats clog the arteries. Hope that helps.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Fair dinks! Once the butter and cheese run out that's it. I need to lose weight so I can keep up with the old, toothless one. Hotboy