Sunday 1 November 2009

FungI Dave




Sunday 2:30 p.m.
FungI Dave, the joe with the unfortunate diagnosis, has been coming to see me about once a week. This is very good. He's about the only one of my friends who isn't a complete basturn. His health is still okay, but he does not seem to be too interested in the meditations, and I don't blame him. However, we do have a good laugh, smoking dope, drinking, and on Friday he brought down some magic mushrooms.

The last time I got a dose was down at FungI Dave's one Hogmanay. He handed me some wrapped in a bit of kitchen roll. If you squeezed it in your hand, it would between the size of a golf ball and tennis ball. I'm not very good at keeping things for later, so I just ate whatever it was. No idea how many there were.

Dave told me on Friday night that he just hoped I wasn't going to die. My head went down on the kitchen table. He said there was a picture of George Bush on the kitchen wall. (Must have been a cartoon!) He said he knew I'd lost it when I took off my shoes one after the other and threw them at the picture. I took twenty five mushrooms on my way to the bliss bath yesterday. It wasn't as good as the straight bliss bath, but interesting, of course. But I must have taken a helluva lot of mushrooms yon Hogmanay!

About thirty years ago, I took some mushrooms and watched my ego (none too pretty) globulate across my vision.

About that time, we always used to think that Poisonous might not live long since he sometimes went grey and passed out. What would we do if he snuffed it?

... Take your old lady by the feet, drag her into the darkened street, and tomorrow morning she's just another hit and run.... (the Initimable Lou)

I checked my pulse on the way home from Bellshill on Friday, after sitting in the train for about an hour. 53 beats a minute. My nephew, Froggy McDuck, who is into rowing,has a resting heartbeat of 45! I expect mine to run at 60.

The model of my home planet is actually red, but comes out white. I took the photie because I sometimes sit in the dark staring at it. The pig it met on Skye this summer. He told me The Alien Creatures from Outer Space weren't going to let me go home unless I stopped drinking and (especially!!) smoking, and being a complete disgrace. Everything is a work in progress, Jack!

Life is much better now that the Domestic Bliss is home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

The top snap reminds me of the time I nearly had an unfortunate accident with a wild boar up at Liwonde.

Have you mounted the head on your kitchen wall?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I think somebody probably ate it! Hotboy

rob said...

The photie of the earth is presumably as seen on mushrooms. The continents seem distorted.

I remember the time Poisonous had an unfortunate accident with a motorbike on the mound.

Hotboy said...

Albert? If you think that's the Earth, I'll you the lot for a grand. If I only had a grand, I could be a millionaire! Hotboy