Monday 16 November 2009

Wintertime


Monday
I poured the last of the home brew bottles down the sink last night. Lead us not into temptation ... so I'm skint and since I don't get paid for ten days, I could be sober and straight for ages and ages (for moi!) Hurrah!

I wakened up today feeling joyful and blissful. It's great when that happens, so it is. I read once that deep sleep, the black totally unconscious stuff, was really full of bliss. Of course, once you cross over to wakefulness, you don't remember the bliss. Interesting idea though I don't know how you could verify that one!

The bed is lovely and snuggly and warm in the wintertime. Here's some other good things about this time of year in Chilly Jockoland.
1) Because the pipes are on during the winter, you get warm towels in the bathroom. Hurrah!
2) You have more opportunities to meditate by candlelight, staring at the flame, when it's darker faster and for longer. There's something very pleasant about staring at candlelight.
3) Though it seems completely ridiculous to say so, the inner heat meditations seem to work better in the dark. Last night there really was a lot of heat coming into my abdomen while I was fixed on the candlelight in the lobby. It wasn't there during the afternoon meditations.
4) Hardly anyone goes up to the allotments during the wintertime and certainly not when it gets dark. And it will be dark tonight at half four.
5) Fires look great in the wintertime. You need the dark and cold for fires to really come into their own up the allotments.

I spoke to a catholic nun today. She asked me how I was. I said I was really happy. She said no one ever says that.

I've only got forty pages of this re-write to get through. Could be finished it easily by next week. Hurrah!

The photie is of the view to the right of where I am just now.

4 comments:

rob said...

I like the balance in the photie, between the sterile glass on the left and the greenery on the right.

One more good thing about the winter is when you're at a party at Kilbarchan and your mate's gorgeous sister agrees to a moonlight walk by the lake, and suddenly you're inside each other's jackets, all warm and cosy, and you forget that the husband back at the house is a gangster.

Allegedly.

Hotboy said...

Albert? What a bounder you are ... sorry, must have been when you didn't look like death warmed up. Oh well! C'est la vie! Hotboy

rob said...

What makes you think it was me in the story? Maybe it was Onan or you.

Hotboy said...

Albert? We knows you too well! No wonder you have a sore back! Hotboy