Wednesday 18 November 2009

St Augie, Original Sin and the Nazi Papa

Wednesday
Been googling stuff about limbo, Original Sin and whatnot. Please don't believe anything you read in this blog. Take everything with a pinch of salt. Getting rid of Limbo didn't mean that the Nazi Papa was confining Plato, Abraham, etc., to hell since they came before Christ and the possibility of salvation after all. The tims seem to have given it a bit of a "don't know" and hoped God would sort out the conundrum in his own way. Not what I expected. I'm going to have to start giving the tims a break on this one.

St Augie wasn't such a nutter about original sin and predestination either. Said it was still up to us and was merely an example of God's full knowledge. John Calvin is still a nutter though. Having a set number of predetermined folk going to heavena and all. So the prods are still getting it in the neck from this blog!!

Thank God I don't believe in anything!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like his "Confessions," though I'm much more about St. John of the Cross and St. Francis.

Hotboy said...

Doggy! St Teresa said she couldn't tell the difference between mind, soul and spirit and would leave this defining stuff to smarter people. A slightly backhanded remark I should say! St John of the Cross and St Francis certainly weren't flatheids!! Anyway, you were probably saved from being your usual Glesga prod basturn by supporting Partick Thistle. Actually, I've never been able to work out why you never seemed to be a bigot ever. Why is that? Didn't you ever go on Orange Walks or anything normally Glesga prod basturn stuff at all? I mean, it must have been coming from that idyllic Brigadoon place called Maryhill that did it. Maryhill!! How tim can you get! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Even as a little kid, I hated the Orange Walk. I went to Thistle games because I was a hooligan, but thought bigotry was stupid.

Hotboy said...

Doggy! There was this other guy I knew from Govan who was like that. I always thought these were exotic creatures, these non-hating non catholics. This says more about the catholic scottish paranoia, or Bellshill realism, than anything about anyone else. Maybe Scotland was full of normal people and nobody told me. I thought if you scratched any non-catholic, you found a bigoted basturn. This might have just been Lanarkshire. But it was true. You just mentioned you were brought up a tim to folk even in university in Edinburgh and you saw their jaws drop in surprise. Having a name like Hotboy used to put them off the scent because it wasn't Irish. These basturns and currants are all going to hell of course, even if there isn't any hell. But St Francis was a tim and definitely, definitely not a flatheid!!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

In Glasgow, the Orange and the Green were equally bigoted. In fact, aside from the colors they wore, their bigotry was so identical you couldn't tell them apart.

Hotboy said...

Doggy! Yes, but as a sensitive soul, I just felt victimised by all that. I was a Rangers supporter till I was told it wasn't allowed. Then when I understood that folk hated me because I was in a catholic family, I just couldn't believe that. Jaw dropping stuff for a seven year old! It's like they hate me just because they hate me. My pals were mostly prods until the marching season arrived and funged everything up! Hotboy.

Hotboy said...

Doggy! It's still weird not being a bigot and from the west. Where did the other three Partick Thistle supporters come from? Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

I think we all know what you've really been googling about.

rob said...

Your readership might be interested in a great P.R. film for Scottish tourism called Just Another Saturday.

Hotboy said...

ALbert? Most enjoyable at the time! Hotboy