Thursday 19 November 2009

Things to remember

Thursday 22:56 p.m.
1) You are 15 billion years old at your next birthday
2) You are not who or what you think you are.
3) It's not happening to you the way you think it's happening to you.
4) If it's down to your personal karma, you are doing brilliantly because you have some kind of face and you can still walk about and so on.
5) Even if your face is a billowing mess of purple goo and you can't walk about, that's no reason to not count your blessings. You can still read crap like this. You can still think. Thinking is everything. It's up to you what you think and how you think it.
6) Grief, sorrow and lamentations ... delusions, disappointments and despair... suffering in this life is not what your life has been about. Your life has been a triumphant procession leading towards a constant state of bliss and joy. This may have to be fully developed once the Alien Creatures from Outer Space let you get back to your own planet of course.
7) Absolutely no one you know has been as fortunate as you.
8) You have been born at the best time ever in the history of the human race. No having to go to war, no conscription, no rushing into the machine guns, bugger all like that.
9) The self-clinging basturns are all in hell already, but you're not.
10) You are on the path!!!! There is nothing as wonderful in this life as being on the path.

I was reading about moslems today. Apart from Mohammed being the last revelation from God, which is obviously total crap, I think I'd like to become moslem. The five pillars of Islam are just up my street. Jihad isn't one of them, by the way. There is also the bit about killing everybody who isn't a moslem when the days of fasting are over ....but since I am already a buddhist (which is the best since it is logical!), and a Christian and a Jainist and a Sikh, I think I'd like to be a moslem as well. None of this Christ is god shite. No trinity either. It's got a lot going for it. Also, giving alms.

Do you have to believe in anything to be a moslem, Hotboy? Certainly not, Jack! Once you've got Christ away from the stupid Christian basturns, of course, you don't have to believe anything to be your kind of moslem. Giving in to god is a bit like humility surely. I need a bit more of that. So does everyone else. God is great!

7 comments:

Marie Rex said...

It doesn't matter which path you take. Only that you make the journey.

November is too busy.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I can't get on your blog at my work and I haven't got the url on this computer. Could you send it to me again please. November is normally a bad month for me, but not this time! Hotboy

Rob said...

It's true you could do with more humility, but you're in luck -thanks to the advantages of toilet training I have an excess. I could let you have some cheap, in the interests of balance.

Rob said...

PS point number 8 is a great one. What fortunate baby boomers we are.

Hotboy said...

Albert? We are indeed fortunate creatures! We ate the planet and got development on the cusp! You don't have any children that you've admitted to yet, so that's good as well since the last half of this century looks like being a complete bummer. Maybe that evens it up. Thank God I won't be reborn anyway. Out of jail card, that one! Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

I'm really behind, but here is the link.

http://marie-rex.livejournal.com/

Anonymous said...

I say!

"Grief, sorrow and lamentations" - well, it must be at least three posts since Hotboy has been there.

MM III