Friday 13 November 2009

Pets!

Saturday 1:20 a.m.
The dog in the dream I had was fab. First of all, it was large and black and scary, then it was,in closer approximation, after it gave me a wee nip, able to speak in English although it was a Dutch dog.

The FOX 1, or something like that, gene switches on a few other things and you get language. I think this is something to do with this dream. I had watched this on Horizon then saw it in the Times the next day.

The cat couldn't speak at all. But it could rise in the air thirty feet and then it could change into an ... well, it was going yippee up there ... when it started to come down, it careers towards the ground and then fluffed up and landed perfectly, a demonstration of how to do it. As you would if you were a cat.

The Domestic Bliss has always wanted a pet, but I have always said she ... anyway, tonight after the dream ... I'd like to have a cat, and a doggie and a parrot ... having an animal has got to be a bit selfless. Pack animals. I can't go abroad anymore since I do not have any money. I'll get a parrot then. Or a gullah bird. Something completely incomprehensible who loves me. Pieces of eight. Pieces of eight!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Have you considered a bat as a pet? They can be quite entertaining, as you can see.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You mean a creekit bat? I hear it is getting more popular among the evil bourgeois in Chilly Jockoland. Hotboy

rob said...

As I was saying. Do you remember any of what the dog said? Doc Bob says it could be the name of a horse in next Saturday's races. That happened to me once.

The issue of pets within couples. My uncle wouldn't have kids, so the aunt vetoed him having a dog. A dog would have given him a reason to go out for walks and he might have lived longer and better.

Fortunately at the time we decided whether to get a dog, the boy's casting vote swung it.

If you get a dog, better make sure it's big enough to eat the lunging one downstairs from you.

Cats are a good second choice, especially if you already get exercise, and you prefer to pick up turds indoors.

There's parrots outside the window now. I could tame them with hand-feeding but I already have too much to do. But you don't have that problem.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I spoke of pets whilst in my cups! When I stayed downunder, I looked after a cat, but it lived outside. George. Great cat! Hotboy

rob said...

If it was Australian it was probably a throwback.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Do you mean an outback? Or an outback throwback? Dearie me. Hotboy

rob said...

Perhaps you're saying the dog was a ridgeback.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'd get one if it came as a flatpack! Enough of this! Hotboy