Tuesday 3 February 2009

Worktime Bliss!

Tuesday
Once upon a time, when I reaslised there was some bliss to be had, I looked on it, and still look on it, as being like reeling in a fish. What you want is to close your eyes and the bliss to just be there. Imagine this will happen to you and how pleasant this would be. Of course, I can't believe that anyone could read this bloggy and even then be too dumb to meditate, so I'm sure having access to the bliss is something we will all have sometime.

Why are you buttering up the flatheids, Hotboy? Tell them they're funged! Completely funged!

This week I've been helped with the bliss in getting to work. I'd been meditating since about six yesterday and it is snowy and blowy and pretty horrible at the bus stop, but I've got that one well timed and, as soon as I sat down on the bus and closed my eyes, well, that was straight into the bliss all the way to Princes Street.

So the weather is really miserable and horrible now in the Princes Street bus shelter, but there's no one else there, so I do the tadasana and a couple of breathings, and I was actually feeling warmth from this. Closed my eyes and sat down for a moment or two just to change from the horribles outside to the wonderment inside.

The big bus journey on the No. 12 is always good even if the weather's rotten because I can close my eyes then for about half an hour. This is the way to get yourself prepared for the jobbie. Even if the flatheids are troublesome, you can always nick into the bog and fall into the great oceans of bliss.

It must be awful having to put up with bliss, Hotboy, particularly since it really is just one of the side effects. Yes, Jack, it is hard having all this developing bliss to call on, especially when surrounded by the flatheids who are too dumb to meditate, unlike the spam robots who come to this bloggy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

It's wet in Kalimbuka as well, en ce moment.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Are they killing each other for the minerals to make mobile phones anywhere near you? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Buses can be good places to relax and meditate. Though I like trains better.

Sorry your weather is not so nice. It is just raining here. But if this is the best of the weather, I'm delighted with it.

Hotboy said...

Marie: Trains are much better. My favourite form of transport, just as well since I spend three hours a week in them! Hope you're well again. Hotboy

rob said...

No winter tyres for the nazi bike?

rob said...

Send some snow over here, we've got 40 degrees and no air conditioning. I can swap you an excess of hot air.

Hotboy said...

Albert? You don't deserve snow where you are. Good that you've no air conditioning and can enjoy the warmth! Hotboy