Sunday 8 February 2009

Birthday Blog!

Sunday 12:52 p.m.
I started blogging four years ago today. It is also my birthday and I am 58 years old now. To mark this, I was hoping to stick a video on here of me doing my headstand into a lotus and sitting down trick, but the mobile phone crap shit piss ... why can't it just go on fire?

It's six years now since I ran out of my expected life span and six years since I took refuge with Lama Yeshe. These have been great years!

Resume: I'm into the bank for overdrafts and credit cards for about two grand. I take home about £750 a month, which I think is about the national minimum wage if I was working full time. However, I do not work fulltime, but halftime. Hurrah! Though the jobbie I have is actually a very good jobbie for me, I wish I didn't have to go to work at all. I've got too much to do.

A lot of folk don't live to become fifty eight. If I die in the coming year, I can't complain. What percentage of the population can do the bliss? I doubt if it's one percent. I'm a fung star, Jack, so I am. Because at the end of the day what it comes down to is this: Can you or can you not do the bliss?

Despite everything, the meditations increase in power and scope. I will press on.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, ya withered auld relic!

Hotboy said...

Doggy! I am ancient! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

The length of our lives is never certain, that is why it matters to use each moment well.

Hint, most cell phones don't like sea water and don't swim well. You might try yours and see if it does any better. *grin*

Hotboy said...

Marie:I'm not very patient with inanimate objects and the phone just irritates me. I'm hoping for a nasty accident, but since it was a present .... Hotboy

Anonymous said...

congratulations


lang may yir lum reek an yir bliss seep in these c yber
places
x

Hotboy said...

Anon: How nice! I wish you weren't anon though I have my suspicions! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Absolutely! One must always 'press on'. Press on towards the century.

I had no idea you were so old. Considerably older than moi. And it is now 18 years since the occasion of your 40th. Anyway, happy birthday.

MM III

Heather said...

Happy birthday blogboy!

Hotboy said...

Mingin' and Heather: Thanks for the congrats. On the occasion of my 40th birthday, I was given an akubra (?) hat. I still have it. Felt. Press on. Hurrah! Hotboy

rob said...

It seems much longer than 4 years.

rob said...

Hail hotboy! The longer someone like you survives, the more hope it gives to clean-living people like me.