Sunday 15 February 2009

Happy in an empty room?

Sunday 6:10 p.m.
I'm dying to go to work tomorrow because there's going to be nobody there but you and me, Jack. You'd have to walk a long way along spooky darkened corridors to find moi esconced in my wee glass box.

During the weeks of respite at Liberton Hospital, I don't meditate so much, but going to see our friend with the MS is a bit of a joy really. She always looks pleased to see me. I get to talk incessantly for over an hour about anything at all that comes into my head. But on Thursday she was sharing the space with someone who could still talk. I told this other patient I was bit uncomfortable with the racism when I was in Birmingham. Aye, she says, England is full of blacks and pakis.

Today the room was empty apart from our friend. I told her about my mobile phone. Soon after, I went away. She seemed happy enough to see me and happy enough to see me going.

It was a nice day and not too cold at all. I really enjoyed walking along the Meadows today. Walking is a fung miracle, so it is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Working in an empty place sounds like a great thing. But I'm fairly solitary to begin with.

Glad you are spending time with your friend with MS. It is a hard one.

Walking is a miracle. If you think about it doing it, it becomes rather a challenge.

I need better weather. *sigh*

Hotboy said...

Marie! Wettish, overcast and bleeding miserable weather here right now in the capital city. Being here in an empty building is less challenging for me than it used to be, or would have been! Hotboy

rob said...

Yes, when I see someone in a wheelchair or sick, walking suddenly becomes even more wonderful, which I didn't think possible.

I'm not sure if it works the same way for the empty room enjoyment. Can you comment?

Hotboy said...

Albert? On what? Who said it anyway, that bit about being happy in an empty room being the goal of life. I think it was some French geezer. Hotboy