Saturday 28 February 2009

Bliss Bandit!


Saturday 1:10 p.m.

I've seen things... you people wouldn't believe:

Attack ships on fire off the Shoulder of Orion.
I watched Sea-Beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser gate.

All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in the rain.

Time... to die....

From the android in Bladerunner. Poisonous came out with something like this last night in Milnes Bar, about being on the Mekong delta and suchlike. He failed to mention that he couldn't remember a damn thing about it of course.

There was just one or two occasions when there might almost have been a bit of decent conversation, an all too brief interlude. Then it was back to Brian Wilson trying to yank his new false teeth out. The dentist must have superglued them onto the roof of his mouth. I've got a sore arm and a bruised knee now from Brian Wilson inadvertently tripping me up in George Street. In future I'm going to stick to drinking on my own. I had a wonderful time getting pissed and blogging on Thursday night! Nothing broken though and I can remember getting home, so probably another draw, eh, Jack?

Still, you've got to touch base. Then escape the wreckage.

' Delight in the dharma surpasses all other delights.' I remember this from listening to the Dhammapada with the auld maw yesterday. The first meditation of the day was great. I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon in the lobby.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

It looks dreadfully cold in dear old Blighty. Has there been an arctic snap?

MM III

rob said...

I agree - staying home and getting off your face on beer-free beer is cheaper and safer, and the conversation's better. And still some people insist on going out.

Anonymous said...

What's the picture meant to be?

Hotboy said...

Mingin' and Albert? It is dreadfully cold and the photie of supposed to be of one of the basturns we have to watch out for and hopefully deport before they drink all the beers! Hotboy