Monday 9 February 2009

Lean, mean, agile, mobile, hostile!

Monday 11:14 p.m.
This is an image (whenever?) which has been uploading for the last half hour. The Dom Bliss sent it on my mobile to see how these things work, and it did come to my computery thing, but has just waited ... and waited... and waited.

The first noble truth is the truth of frustration.

The weather was Baltic, but I hopped on the bus to go a couple of stops so I could go and meditate with some people at the Dzochen, or the Dzogo, or the whatever the fung it's supposed to be called in Great King Street. Since I had never used a mobile phone outside the house before to make a phone call ( and then only once), I phoned the Domestic Bliss, starting out with that age old favourite: I'm on the bus. Hello, I'm on the bus.

' Your image is corrupt or in an unrecognised format.'

The Domestic Bliss got me this piece of crap because it was Christmas and she has too much money. I couldn't afford to buy a mobile phone. I can't afford to run a car. I can't afford to go the the Mediterranean rat towns in the summertime to watch the unfungable and drink that which shouldn't be drunk. Hurrah! At least, I got that right.

There is no soapbar. I can't drink every night. This gives me a problem with what to do in the three hours before bedtime. Once upon a time, I was always stoned. That I do like. If we lived in a decent country .... anyway, getting used to doing nothing ... I'll have to start reading books, knocking my pan out training, having long baths. Dearie me! Fortunately, we can habituate to anything!

Saw The Wrestler yesterday. Then saw Mickey Rourke getting a Bafta for it. Got a lot of time for such a guy. He demostrates Irish charm. One of my brothers has that. Something kind of sometimes lights them up. Usually women. JFK had it, but not as much of it as my brother Silvest, row of forty medals on his chest, big chest!

3 comments:

rob said...

The image seems to be invisible at this end. How did you do that?

rob said...

I had a feeling The Wrestler would be your kind of film. What's wrong with a nice family movie like Billy Elliott?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Totally the wrong movie for a 58th birthday! Far too close to home. Anyway, folk get upset in movies and I don't like that. I like subtitled movies so I can close my eyes and do the bliss. Hotboy