Wednesday 25 February 2009

Lent


Wednesday 10:40 p.m.
I'm going to try and take a weekly photie with the mobile phone from the same spot on the allotment. I couldn't meditate outside today because it was so windy and wet, but it had turned out quite nice when I came out of the hut. The photie was taken about 4:30 p.m., much the same time as the snowy one. Seasons turn and shadows move.

Since it's Lent I might as well give everything up. I phoned the pizzaman yesterday, but there's still no soapbar. This must be the worst drought since around 1994 or thereabouts.

Aren't mobile phones wonderful! They've got earphones for the radio. I thought I might have to take my noise blockers to the pub sometime this weekend since Brian Wilson wants to go out for a drink. I can do the bliss to the classical music station and it'll block out all the nonsense about the creekit and the Beach Boys.


I haven't seen Poisonous for a while. I might invite him to come along since I don't expect to be saying much what with the classical music and the eyeballs rolled up. I can disappear then once Brian Wilson has had a few pints of yon petrol based Danish lager poison shite, as soon as he starts on about the creekit anyway. I must try and remember which bar we go to. I'll probably have to go back the next day and ask the bar staff if anyone had handed in a set of false teeth. Yes, I'll leave right after he does that trick where you put your bottom lip over your nose. I don't think Poisonous has seen that one yet.

No work tomorrow! I can meditate all day! Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

4 comments:

rob said...

As hut manager I knew all along you'd find a use for the phone.

The partner here goes bananas when I use the earphone radio on our dog walks. Presumably Wilson is more understanding or just unaware.

Anonymous said...

This week's photo looks uncannily like last week's. How do you do that? Is it like astral travel?

Hotboy said...

Albert? You take the same photie by sitting in the same place at the same time. It's the same photie and a different photie at the one time, just like moi. Anyway, it's not always going to look like that. Down under the seasons hardly make any difference, do they? Have you tried to sell my beer advert idea yet? You could clean up with that once the grief has died down. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Good luck with the drinking with Brian Wilson. He sent me an email saying how terrible things were nowadays in Edinburgh.

MM III