Monday 23 February 2009

Monday morning blues!

Monday 10:21 a.m.
If you work half time, but your week starts at half eight on Monday morning, that's pretty brutal for anyone. Like a lot of folk, Monday morning is the nadir for me. On Monday morning I wish I'd done something sensible with my working life. On Monday morning I wish I had a book publishing event somewhere on the horizon, so I had some hope of getting out of gainful employment, or at least not finding it so all there was. On Monday morning I think I'd better start working on Cold Killing (which I haven't been working on at all!) so that I don't feel that I have to work here till I'm sixty five or dead. God alone knows what Monday morning would be like sometimes if you didn't have the bliss. On Monday morning you tend to think things like at least I can do the bliss. I know I am a fortunate creature, but on Monday mornings sometimes it doesn't feel like that. I want to go to hospital, please! I want to go to hospital!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trust me you do NOT want to go to hospital. They won't let you sleep, the food is dreadful and there is no privacy.

Mondays can be hard, but every day you wake up breathing is another chance for bliss.

A lot of folks are worried about even having a job. Maybe spend a few minutes being thankful for what is right in your life.

There is more right than wrong for most of us here.

Hotboy said...

Marie! My kind of hospital is really more like a five star hotel where you don't get charged anything and you can do what you like. I am going to start writing my book though! Hotboy

rob said...

Has anyone any ideas in a (legal) way to wake up a classful of sleepy hungover students on a Monday morning?

rob said...

Have you tried getting a room at the AD? They can help.

Anonymous said...

Ik heb de scheepvaart verlaten eind jaren 80 en hou mij nu bezig met Blauwe vliegtuigen, als hutten manager von de blissboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? Get out the trumpet and sing: If you want to bump it, bump it with a trumpet! Then give it laldy. That'll waken them up! Hotboy