Tuesday 22 December 2009

Vase Breath



Tuesday 1:40 p.m.
Morning trees in Princes Street.

5 p.m. Bliss diary

I'll describe the meditation I've just done. Normally, I'm vase breathing during a lot of this, particularly towards the end. I took refuge then went into the Medicine Buddha Sadhana. Apart from the preliminary meditation of the day, this is the way it usually goes. So you perform the generation stage. There's loads of bliss throughout. I don't spend enough time on this phase, but by the end of it, I'm feeling fantastic. You have tried to emanate as the Medicine Buddha and although the visualisations are very poor, you're going for the vajra pride and the radiance in the mandala. You are feeling pretty esctatic here!

During the completion stage, I'm moving the awareness in time with the vase breaths up to the mid-brain chakra. By the time you reach the mid-brain chakra, you are in an unbelievable amount of bliss.

And all this is continually improving. Just over a year ago, I started this movement up the chakras instead of holding it at the navel chakra, and I usually get an awful lot of feelings around these areas. It's a bit like an onion being skinned. The openness gets more open. The bliss gets stronger.

Around then, you have to stop because your legs are sore.

In the perfect world where you could just concentrate on doing this juju, you'd be doing this four times a day. That's what I need to do at the moment. This would bring the meditations towards six hours a day. And every time you do it, it gets better. That's why I'm sour faced whenever anybody asks me to go anywhere. I could not be doing anything better than sitting on my backside doing nothing! This is the bliss! This is the bliss! This is the bliss!

9:46 p.m.
Bliss diary. I managed to meditate twice more. That takes today's meditations up to a rather poor four and a half hours. But the meditations got better and better bliss-wise. No heat.

5 comments:

albert said...

Love the xmas card photies

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is it another bloody beautiful day where you are? Hotboy

albert said...

In New South Cal perhaps, but I'm elsewhere for the season. It's drizzly but mild, like your summer.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Are you still there? I thought a day or two would do you! Hotboy

rob said...

I find a day or two anywhere is more than enough.