Friday 11 December 2009

Friday Night!




Friday 8:00 p.m.
I left foggy Edinburgh and headed for the Brigadoon of Lanarkshire where the sunsets are always golden, except for today at before one o clock. The sun don't hardly get out of its bed at this time of year.

The photie in the fog is a photie of the castle. The crime book I've just finished as a scene with the castle shrouded by fog. So it does happen. If anyone wants to read the next blockbuster, just email me and I'll email it back. No word yet from the agent and he's had a whole six days!

The flat is empty tonight. I've just eaten a bit of bob and will consume three bottles of Erdinger and four fagsworth of tobacco in joints before the night is out! The purification will commence tomorrow.

The last time I had any beer was last Saturday. Whoa!

The machine here (the bedroom) keeps freezing. So you lose bits. Couldn't write in here.

Bliss diary for today.

Meditated for an hour and a quarter before I went for the train. Stoned already, feeling superb. Outside there was the wonderful fog. Mr Hyde time. The cold air on the cheeks helped in the realisation that this is a wonderful place to be. None of this open the windows and declare, "Not another bloody beautiful day!" as they do in the samey samey parched places downunder and somewhere in the bongo bongo. It wasn't like this yesterday. Nothing like it. Vibrant, so it is.

I took up my usual position on the train and sat in the usual half lotus, morphing perfectly by covering my foot with my jacket. Got the paper in front of me resting on the wee tray that folds down. Choo, choo. Then I close my eyes and do the bliss. Fell asleep in the bliss and wakening in the bliss. This kind of thing has been happening more and more, but usually happens on the couch. Not on the train, not usually. But this is very nice. You just realise there's been a gap when you've been asleep. Like a line. Then you check the next station. Conked out for twenty minutes. Totally bye bye. And I didn't remember anything about falling asleep and I didn't remember anything about wakening up. Just went absent. There's supposed to be bliss there as well. In the unconsoh. This kind of crashing out feels very nice, by the way.

I was feeling very good humoured.

The auld maw and the Auntie Kathy are a scream really. Gripping onto a sharpness during the crumbly phase. The CD player kept cutting out. Interrupting the meditations, but that didn't bother moi since the meditations seemed to have jumped forward so much since last week. This kept cheering me up all day. Also, the hibernating trees.

I'm not doing enough meditating.

It froze on me again, Jack! If the spam robots cannot help me with this, who can? Ask the Elders to cease from blocking the signals and I will comply. Just stop sending out the freezing vibe. Basturns! Before all this infantile computery crap came out, you could spend such a night as this washing your hair and listening to Radio Four.

I think I'd better go and have a bit of a lie down now. By the way, well done to the old, toothless one who retired today. This means that he does not have to get up in the morning. In fact, he could just lie in his bed all day long. Or take up abseiling, or whatever.

As the junkie ssid to the sailor, If I had veins like that, boy, would I have me a time!... from Wiilliam Boroughs or Jean Genet, I cannot remember which.

I think I'd better go and have a wee bit of a lie down. Hotboy

4 comments:

Albert said...

The only genuine Edinburgh photie of the bunch, and the subject's not even there!

Great skies all the same.

rob said...

Such impressive organizational skills when it comes to planning brain damage.

Just think what you might achieve if you ever tried to do anything useful.

Having said that, I don't suppose there's any chance of an advance copy of the blockbuster?

onan said...

I say! This post is more like it! More drugs and fury, less sanskrit or whatever you call that Susquehanna bliss speak. Most entertaining. Just expand this into a book and you'll clean up.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I've sent you the book. It's probably not worth reading, but you might not know that. If you sell it on to a New Caledonian publisher, I'll take payment in bottles of kava, or whatever yon collapso is called. Hotboy