Tuesday 8 December 2009

HunsRUs




Tuesday
Walter Smith, the Rangers manager, quoted a recent study which said that "anyone who was going to be good at any sport has to, between the ages of 12 and 19, play something like 10,000 hours of practise." So I reckon it takes that length of time to be any good at anything.

If you wanted to learn to meditate, there's no reason why it should not take that length of time.

Hotboy, almost everyone is far too smart already to learn something dumb like meditating. Why, you could teach yourself origami in that length of time! Correct, Jack! They are far too smart for the bliss. But don't despair! I will meditate for you if you will pay me some money. How's about £5 an hour? Or highest competitive bid!! (Yes, piss off, poor people!)

The photies were taken this morning on the way to the jobbie!

10 comments:

Marie Rex said...

You can learn to meditate easily enough, but to do it well does take practice.

Are you trying to say that all the time you've spent practicing things haven't changed or improved?

I know my practice gets better with repetition.

You can just learn things or you can learn things well. I think learning to meditate well takes many lifetimes.

Hotboy said...

Marie! A pinch of salt! Of course, it gets better and better the more you do it! I'm miles away from where I was at this time last year! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Mrs M and myself use origami to make Christmas decorations for the tree - much cheaper than buying them down at Kandodo.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Are you wanting meditated for or not? £5 an hour is just an introductory offer! Hotboy

rob said...

Thanks for explaining why men are no good at sex. They would need about 9999 hours more practice.

Hotboy said...

Albert? At least, it's not a comment about toilet training! Anyway, as long as you're good at thinking about sex. Some folk think about that for most of their lives! Hotboy

rob said...

Is there a word for them?

Hotboy said...

Albert? People? Hotboy

rob said...

Surely they'd be c*ckheids or flatc*cks?

Hotboy said...

Albert? You shouldn't call people names! Dearie me! Hotboy