Friday 18 December 2009

Snow and Mentally Ill People




Friday 4:40 p.m.
Yesterday afternoon, I was settling down for my fourth meditation of the day, and thinking how wonderful it was that I was going to have this Thursday at last, after five long weeks, free of any of the Unfortuate Ones,when the doorbell rang.

Standing there, smoking two fags at once, the half chewed pig's face poking from a pocket, the half drunk bottle of collapso clutched in one hand, was Brian Wilson. He said he'd come down to meditate. We meditated for an hour and then we went out and got drunk.

The four noble truths are presented as a kind of diagnosis and prescription for the mentally ill. If all things are conditioned by suffering in this realm of desire, no wonder all the too dumb to meditate are mentally ill! If I wasn't getting huge bucketfuls of the bliss at regular intervals, I'd feel a bit crook myself! But I don't see why I should put up with the mentally ill for any more than six days a week. On Thursday, moi deserves a break from that which is gross such as Brian Wilson.

On Thursdays in future I am going to visit with my sponsors, the Alien Creatures from Outer Space, who live on a spaceship on the dark side of the moon, so the too dumb to meditate can just fung off on Thursdays in future.

I might have to take up the cudgels with the Nicotine Dragon again because the only chance I have of getting any peace is to outlive these basturns!

The meditation with Brian Wilson was up there with the best. It's changing so fast these days. I'll maybe write about the bliss later on tonight.

7 comments:

rob said...

Now I understand. "Retirement" = refreshment.

Will Wilson be posting his side of the meditation experience?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I think he fell asleep. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Unfortunate experience, by the sounds of it.

What about will-power? In such circumstances, put yourself in the mindset of the opening batsman. He might have to stay at the crease all day, if things go well. He concentrates, and gets in the 'zone'. He doesn't go off at the tea interval and get drunk.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

Doviko would like to know what snow tastes like. And also, if, when it gets so cold, do you hibernate?

MM III

Marie Rex said...

Ghastly weather. I do not like sn*w. Consider it the worst four letter word on the planet.

Of course it is happening here too, but not as much. Yeah ocean.

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Tell Doviko that snow tastes just like ice cream. It's food from heaven! Will-power? Is that one of them hydraulic pills? I don't see how that's going to help! Hotboy
Marie! You don't like snow? You might have picked the wrong place to live then! As long as you don't have to go out in it. Hotboy

rob said...

Mingers. When I'm 98 I'd like some of your hydraulic pills, and Doviko can have the cricket bat.