Tuesday 30 December 2008

These Wonderful Holidays!

Tuesday 11:00 a.m.
Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

These holidays have been so, so much better than I could have possibly imagined!

First of all, I didn't have to take any of my annual leave since the big days of carousing all occur at the end of the week. This means I get to come into the jobbie at the start of the week, like today, and there's nobody here. Hurrah! A semblance of normality.

I spent about two precious hours of my life out shopping among the christmas santy basturns, and then there was just the meal and a couple of hours of the good bit.

I haven't been drinking much, so Mr Hyde has been kept in check. The nicotine dragon has been once more unleashed, but I'll get the lance out after the Hogmanay. Dr Jekyll has been having a truly wonderful succession of meditations. You'll realise by this time that it's impossible to explain to a flatheid what this might be like, but the wonderments just increase and increase!

I'm hoping Dr Jekyll comes closer to delivering the knock-out blow to Mr Hyde in the New Year. Such may be the increase in the bliss that there will be no point in finding succour elsewhere. Already I know it's far better to do the bliss than eat the cannybliss yogurt in the evening. I've just got to remember what I'm trying to do and go for the peace and quiet and tell the flatheids to please fung off.

Tomorrow evening I expect to be in the company of some of my deep dear friends, folk I've known for nearly forty years, since I came to this beautiful, wonderful city in 1969. Unfortunately, they are all completely funged. Where did all the time go that they spent eating sweeties and wasting this precious human existence? It went down the plug hole, Jack. Just the way they're going. Facing the retributions of grief, sorrow, lamentations .... delusions, disappointments and despair ... suffering in this life. Thank God I spent some time meditating!! Here comes the joy, contentment, satiation and serenity!

Of course, some connections of the progeny of the progeny of the evil bourgeois may show up, half falling out of their dresses and tottering around in high heels. Hmmmm? What would you talk to them about, Hotboy? After a brief resume about why they shouldn't turn into their parents who turned into their parents, I might get onto the subject of schoolgirls and what President Clinton said about a lewinsky not being sex. Oh no! I'll be stuck with the old people!!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Wonderful to hear that Dr Jekyll is in check and you can combine Rabliss with holiday merriment!

Hotboy said...

Heather! Hope your kids enjoyed Xmas! Who is the baddie? Mr Hyde? Dr Jekyll? Buggered if I can remember now and the author just lived ten minutes away as well! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Mr Hyde was the bad one. Dr Jekyll the meek and mild one.

I hope you can make Jekyll the winner. Hyde is a tempting fellow though, especially when surrounded.

Glad you are getting bliss time.

I've figured out how to vase breath in walking meditation. Just need to remember not to do too much of it when it is very cold outside. Makes my fillings hurt.

May the new year bring you relief from suffering and much happiness.

Hotboy said...

Marie: I remember this woman saying she was in an ashram and she got bliss and heat from chanting and bashing a drum. They told her not to meditate. Can't think why, but horses for courses. I've still got to go to work tomorrow! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I wish you a Bliss-filled New Year!

rob said...

One of life's great pleasures - being at work when nobody's there. Lie down on the floor and stare at the ceiling.

Do tell - which bit of xmas is the "good bit?"