Wednesday 24 December 2008

It Was Christmas Eve, Babes ..

Wednesday 10:22 p.m.
I never met anyone who had trouble with their parents until I started mixing with the progeny of the evil bourgeois, when I went to college for the experimentations. Half the folk I met then had trouble with their parents. Maybe it was because they were all from these pretend families where there were only one or two kids, which seemed to be pretend families because obviously they didn't like children or they would have had proper families of at least five or six. The good thing about being from a big family, my sister says, is that you realise you are not that important. Anyway, nobody was on my case. There were a lot of other cases to deal with.

I was fortunate with the parent thing. I know that I am more fortunate than some people in this regard who read this bloggy, and I am sorry about that, especially since I didn't do anything to have such luck.

My old man passed away on Christmas Eve in 1965, I reckon. He was one of the Ragged Trousered Philanthropists. My old man was a far better person than I'm ever going to be, so here's to the old man! I'm already five years older than he ever was.

In the two days before his heart gave out, my old man sat in the living room all night because he couldn't get a breath. He heaved for air. I walked in and saw him when I got up for school on these two occasions. So I shouldn't smoke. I know what it looks like to die from lack of breath and it is an effort.

This is the best run up to Christmas for ages! I haven't seen anyone for days and days. I've made great progress, or it has made great progress, over this time. I will try to purify my mind. God knows how wonderful it will be if I could just stop doing the really stupid things, like drinking and smoking and the cannybliss yogurts. If I'm out of my face at night, I'll never be able to do dream yoga, Jack. I know, Hotboy. Wouldn't lucid dreaming be something else!

By the way, I remembered today, and it made me feel positive, that I'm the first Hotboy that I know of in my family to ever get the bliss. Or to ever be born in a country where the dharma is taught. What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your family brings you joy. I was one of 4, but my extended family has a lot of unhappy people in it.

My grandmother was buried Christmas eve when I was 15. Grief at the holidays is hard on a kid.

I am also the only one in my family to break out of the madness and look for another way. It makes me the black sheep (who of course eats the flowers) but I don't really care.

I hope your day brings you joy and that you find the way to let go of the things that get in the way of the bliss.

I would think being out of your head on air would be the best high of all.

Hotboy said...

Marie: It's Christmas Day! Have a great pagan Christmas! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

How is your akrasia?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Fine. How's yours? Hotboy

rob said...

Your father and mine had one thing in common besides ragged breeks. They both died on Xmas Eve.

PS Is it true you were born in Malawi then?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I was born in Peru! Hotboy

rob said...

Aren't you getting yourself mixed up with one of your plotlines?