Thursday 18 December 2008

Experimenting!

Thursday 7:36 p.m.
The Domestic Bliss has just gone out to the singing and dancing and I'm going to have my first joint since Sunday. I know this is stupid and I have no excuse.

I've meditated today for about six hours so far, but I wasn't quite settled somehow ... maybe lingering nicotine thingies!

I watched Jon Stewart on the Daily Show last night interviewing Mike Huckerbee (?), the conservative republican, who seemed like a nice man. But Jon Stewart gave the best defense of gay marriage that I've ever heard. The only gay person I know is Albert. I think Jon Stewart should be President after the Bammer.

Well done to the boy who threw the shoe at Bushy. Well done for Bushy for ducking it. Brian Close eat your heart out! Bushy should have played creekit. Without a hat!

I'll have another joint then spend a couple of hours in the lobby. Boom, Shiva!

10:26 p.m.
That session was almost as good as it gets. Got better when I straightened up. Wonderful intimations of emptiness ... I got that doing these meditations last week as well ... really feel very nice indeed. I think I'm supposed to be trying to combine bliss and emptiness. It felt as if I was getting a wee bit closer to that tonight.

I'd like to give up all my bad habits in the new year and spend all evening meditating. Anything else isn't as good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you think I'm gay you've led a sheltered life (sexually if not pharmalogically). I've known (not biblically) dozens of gay people and I'm a hermit. Whereas you actually go out sometimes, so you must come across (not biblically) them all the time without knowing it.

Anonymous said...

All this talk about shoes? If this is the start of a fetish, there's hope for you yet. Next stage is trousers by the way.

Anonymous said...

I've got several gay friends. Some who have been in committed relationships for longer than most married folks.

What they want is legal protection and not to be discriminated against. I really don't understand why folks get all upset about what other people do with their lives. If you don't want to be in a gay marriage, don't do it.

If you choose to give up your bad habits, you will do it.

In the words of the Great Yoda. "Do or Do Not. There is No Try."

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? I don't know anyone who's gay, but I know a lot of dope smokers. Birds of a feather, eh? Would you rather be gay or be the re-incarnation of Adolf Hitler?
Marie: Good advice about the bad habits. Have to have a long think from here to the New Year. I do know a couple in a civil union, just another boring old couple. I've never been married. I think I should be able to get married to my hut! Hotboy p.s. In Scotland if your heterosexual couldn't you just be married by saying you were married? Did they not ask you that one at the citizenship thingy?

Anonymous said...

I say!

Hotheid gives up bad habits every week.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! This is because I am aspirational! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Well when we got married, I had to prove my identity, provide divorce documents to prove I was single.

I think the biggest problem with marriage is the idea that once the wedding is over it is all 'Happily Ever After'.

But the wedding is the easiest part of the whole gig. Life in the real world is hard work.