Tuesday 9 December 2008

The Revenge of the Traffic Wardens!

Tuesday
I've started working on my next blockbuster. Nothing about schools or schoolgirls. I'm going back to the crime book idea I had a year ago last spring, the one that starts with the massacre in the pub with the nutter/killer disguised as a traffic warden.

I'm more interested in working on an idea like that since it'll be very plot based, and a story where everything the reader is first told is a lie. I think this is a normal way to write crime books and goes all the way back to Dashmell Hammet, the boy who wrote the Maltese Falcon.

This is one time I might start a book and not finish it. Well, I'll get the plotline written anyway.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

I read about someone who might interest you. Her name is Joan Pick and she lives off air, more or less.

She only eats raw food, runs everywhere she wants to go, hasn't been in a car for years, and so on.

She could be your role model, surely.

This must help a lot.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Psycho nutters! How come you know all the psycho nutters? I'm Mr Normal, remember? Hotboy

rob said...

Didn't take you long to be finshed with the schoolgirl. How long's your refractory period?

Hotboy said...

Albert? I don't know what a refractory period is. Aren't you a bit old for them? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Personally every traffic warden I've met here scares me. The idea of your new novel is great.

Hotboy said...

Marie: Fortunately, I do not have a motor! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

What is the opening line of this new book?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Be ages before I get to write any of it. But how's about: 'By the time the brains started dripping off the wall ...?' Kind of draws you in right at the start, eh? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

mingers - Joan Pick is an inspiration, but raw food is no help if you're a potato eater.