Monday 10 November 2008

The Warmth

Monday 15:07
Just about the only good thing about having to come to this jobbie is that it gives you a chance to see how things have progressed. You can remember what it was like last Monday and compare.

There's a gorgeous feeling of warmth in my abdomen with each vase breath today. Every after-breath and a wave of wonderful blissiness ascends the body. It just beats all, Jack. So it does. Who knows where all this is going? But I'm so pleased I've gotten this far!

9:30 p.m.
There was only the nun and moi at the meditation tonight, so I had a wee word with her afterwards. Seemed odd to just go. I sent her an email about what I was up to a few weeks ago, but it seems she didn't get it.

Of course, she thought I should have followed the usual path, which is to have completed the 100,000 recitations of the 100 syllable mantra and so on. The purification and accumulation, setting a good foundation, etc. I half wished I hadn't opened my mouth. She was bound to say that of course. She thought The Bliss Of Inner Fire was a dangerous book to have out there among the public. I think she's probably right about that. Maybe if some folk got hold of it who weren't mentally stable ...

We're mentally stable, aren't we, Jack? Sound as a pound, Hotboy. Sound as a pound.

5 comments:

Hotboy said...

Marie: Your blog is blocked at my work and I can't click through from here for some reason. Could you email me your address? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Gee does that mean I've been labeled as subversive? *giggling*

Sounds as a pound of what would be the question?

I read somewhere that the insane are closer to the divine because they were so lost in their insanity that they had no ego. Interesting thought. Maybe we work too hard to be sane.

Try: marierex41(at)yahoo(dot)com

Hotboy said...

Marie: It was your blog address. God knows why you were blocked. I thought it was someone with something against kayaking, but ... odd. I thought you were blogspot, but your livejournal. No idea why I can't click back from your comment though. So it's marie-rex.livejournal.com. I can find it again at home. Bloody hopeless these computery things! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

http://marie-rex.livejournal.com/


No clue why it would get blocked. Filters sometimes get weird. I have been known to occasionally swear.

rob said...

I too am concerned that you might be working too hard to be sane. You could start with something less ambitious. Look at me!