Thursday 20 November 2008

Cyclists!

Thursday 22:20 p.m.
I stumblebummed along the pavements after the bus emptied at Elm Row, feeling very, very stoned. Shocked I was. I'd only had four pints of Guiness, a mere aperitif. But carrying home what was left of the almost quarter of the wonderful cannybliss. It's almost like having a social life, so it is.

I wonder what regulates the warmth of your body. An autonomic nervous system? If you get warm for no reason with the special kind of warmth, you must be over-riding that system somehow, or activating another system, surely. You'd think if you were getting warmer you must be burning calories. Scientists should be able to measure that.

Sitting like a cobra tonight for a while in the great thoughtless voids of bliss.

I read the Cyclists book for the first time in a long time yesterday. Right through. I'd forgotten lots of it. I think I used to do a lot more cycling in them days. Not the slightest bit obscene of course. Only one German sheperd dog and that one was imaginary. Dearie me. The boxing bits are the best.

We've got the cannybliss so now we're off the piss!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

SeƱor increasinglyhotboy

awrris heat sounds like pitta imbalance in ayurvedic terms - stay off yir heid(yoga -notcannybliss!) skip the garlic ginger spicys tuff and eat pitta pacif
ying stuff..keep upt hei nvestigation s loveandpeacexxx

Anonymous said...

cany our eadt hat?

Hotboy said...

Michelle? Of course I can eadt that! Good advice! There is a fung of a lot of yang going about and I eat tons of onions which I know are a no no for some reason. But I think if these yogi boys end up walking about the Himalayasn in their simmits, you must have to put up with the heat. But it's one to watch because it's not as much under control as the bliss. Thanks again! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Is it bliss or are you just nodding?

Not that it matters if you are happy.

Hotboy said...

Marie: Nodding? Is that an American euphemism? Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Aye, just another word for stoned out of your head.

rob said...

"Scientists should be able to measure that" - great idea!

If it's hot flushes we could be talking about the male menopause. Do you get clammy jocks too?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Aye, them scientists! You should be able to measure heat in and heat out. Then ask where the extra heat is coming from. Is it somehow in the air? Weird. As far as the male menopause is concerned, folk from Bellshill don't get that. Hope this helps. Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Marie: Apparently, in Edinburgh "gauching" is the word for nodding. But only among Edinburgh folk and I hardly know them at all! Hotboy