Friday 7 November 2008

Those Evolutionary Tails!

Saturday 8:00 a.m.
I came upon Grizzly's new Alsatian tethered to the back fence at the auld maw's. Grizzly's last Alsatian was a psycho biting machine, so I went round to the front door instead.

The new dog (15 months old now) is a big sweetie. It doesn't seem to have a decent bite in it. Because of the pining it does for Grizzly, the dog was brought into the living room. It really is a beautiful looking animal.

Grizzly and I agreed that although it had a very soft nature, there was still a wolf in the dog alright.

I started thinking that the dog was perfect at being a dog and would have a wonderful doggie life as long as Grizzly didn't snuff it. It was going to be as happy as a dog could be.

Compared to the dog, all the human beings in the room were useless at being human beings, including moi. Partly no doubt due to consuming four pints of home brew the night before, I was just a wee bit crabbit perhaps.

Tibetan Buddhism talks of six classes of existence and they say that being born a human is very precious because it is the human beings who can pursue spiritual development. There's still an awful lot of monkey in human beings.

We are supposed to be using our willpower and brainpower. More than half of the folk in the room yesterday have complained about having a sore back. Too dumb to meditate! Too dumb to even teach themselves how to sit properly! Here comes the ... grief, sorrow, lamentations ...suffering in this life!


On the train to Bellshill yesterday, I was feeling a bit dozy, and for a while I was going from the bliss into sleep, then back out of sleep into the bliss again. This was quite nice.

You are supposed to have a glimpse of clear light mind, which is basis, I think, while dying, going to sleep, wakening, or having an orgasm. But you always miss it. Yesterday, on the train as it was coming into Shotts, I had a sudden whack of great, rigidifying bliss. Suddenly, I seemed to be in it; white and blazing. That was something else! It only lasted a wee while. I checked the breathing. Was I still breathing? I was then, like a little breeze.

There has been some glitch in the soapbar distribution network and last night I went to bed straight and sober, since you can't drink beer every night. There will be no one else in the flat till six o clock this evening at the earliest. Allah Akbar!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think humans tend to overrate themselves. Personally I think my cats have a better handle on bliss than I do.

Being a loved and well cared for pet can't be all bad.

Hotboy said...

Marie: Couldn't agree more! I used to look down on animals (or the other animals!), but not nearly so much now. Cats are a good case in point. Maybe some cats got it, but some cats aint. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I thought there were at least eight classes of existence, or was that noble truths? The problem for me is that there is far too much math nonsense in all this juju. Didn't someone sing a song about it once, or was that Deck of Cards?

By the way, those canines were very popular with the gestapo.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! What class of existence are you? You can divide up the humans and not look elsewhere. Junkies are hungry ghosts. Gods are lying about on the beaches and surfing and being young and all that goes with it. YOu might be a demi-god because you have everything but are dead crabbit and argumentative. I must be a human being but aspiring to be deity must put moi in the god realm after several aeons. Since you are too dumb to meditate, of course, you go down, not up. You might miss being a human being who meditates the next time and go right into being a nazi bitch. Hope not. Still, what do you think you're supposed to be doing? Nada! I rest my case. Hope this helps. Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

hotters - the new alsation sounds like me. Now who does the old one remind me of?

mingers - could you get Carslemane to send hotters one of his packages?

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Bob not don, please! Hotboy