Friday 21 November 2008

Elephants is it?

Friday 5:47 p.m.
" The bull elephant at the time of rut, with the musk running down his temples, is hard to restrain." G.S. The Dhammapada.

I think I should refrain from engaging in this kind of speculation after this post.

Although a lot of eastern stuff is about balancing up forces, male and female, yin and yang, I don't think this can somehow apply if you're doing the great juju of jujus. You can't get any more yin than sitting quietly doing nothing. The more yin stuff you do, the more yang you must build up. I assume the "drop" in your navel centre is masculine (not much doubt about that around here, Jack!) and it's supposed to eventually get hot. You're supposed to move this up to your head. The movement is supposed to be up, not down.

This is why the anonymous spango yogini in the last comment said I should stop standing on my head. The energy will be rising back to your navel. That's more yang.

A key component in the vase breath is the upward lifting of your pelvic floor muscles. This is to put the force upwards.

I've known since about June or July that the meditation sequence when your raise your consciousness up the symbols has been producing mega bliss in the head chakras, but I've not been doing too much of that because my visualisaitons of the channels and chakras is still poor. But I think my inner joe is telling me that this is the way to go. Follow the bliss for a bit and maybe if you're concentrating higher up, the thoughts may become more elevated also. I need to get into raising the heat gradually. Holding your concentration on the navel chakra might not be what the doctor ordered right now.

I want to be a woman next time, Jack! None of this having to avoid ejaculation nonsense, which is bound to drive you off your head. Stop complaining and just get on with it, Hotboy. There's worse things than feeling like a randy old goat!

4 comments:

rob said...

Over at the amazing church of the balanced ones, we don't do chakras but we do offer yin and yang. We agree with your correspondent about limiting the headstands.

The original gurus or whatever they are would have had to learn this stuff by self-reflection, like you. Mind you, they might not have had the noxious substances complicating the process.

Anonymous said...

Me thinks your Inner Child is playing with matches.

I only managed to generate heat once, after encountering the relics.

For me I am very yang as I tend to fidget a great deal. I actually concentrate better by keeping motion going.

I'm impressed if you can stand on your head. That would put my arthritic auld body into traction for sure.

Being female has its good points, but some of it is a bother as well.

Me, I want to come back as a Sequoia Redwood tree, near the ocean. Grow where I'm planted and bend in the wind and be made into something useful when I die.

Anonymous said...

I say!

The elephants up at Liwonde should be avoided when 'in rut'. Even at the best of times they have a tendency to be rather over-enthusiastic.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Albert? I think it's no time to stop now. Forward! Forward! Hotboy
Marie: Wood? Wood? Anybody can learn to stand on their head. Well, nearly anybody. I saw those big trees. If you're going to be a tree that's the one to pick!
Mingin'! Who'd want to be an elephant? Being a baldy monkey has got to be better than that. Hotboy