Wednesday 26 November 2008

Free at last!

Wednesday 6:10 p.m.
There's a circle of light. It comes from the flickering candle flame at the bottom of the tin cone holding the wax. There's just the circle of light with everything else around it pitch black. It sounds as if you could be at sea. The branches of the bush scrape, blown by the wind, along the hut wall. The hut groans and moans in the wintertime weather.

Over the last few days I've been thinking to myself that I'm actually able to get this juju to work. Nothing like drying off sheets or anything like that yet, but there is fantastic bliss in the vase breaths and something feels open. They say you've got to open the channels. Then the winds enter and stablise and dissolve. The latter bit might never happen, but something feels as if it's opened and it seems to be filling with mega bliss.

It's as if there are two people now. There's the joe who walks about with his head stuck up his backside, and the meditating joe. The latter seems rather different. With eyes shut, it's a bliss beast, and all the thoughts of the walking about joe seem ridiculous and absurdly stupid. Thank god I don't have to put up with much of that crap when I'm meditating.

Things have so improved over the last few days!

I got a baldy at the barber's on Monday so I could look more evil going to work. On Tuesday afternoon I got another email from a disguised account. I know it's from the sixth year girl who sent the first two. Gone was the romance of 'hold me' and 'you make me feel all warm inside.' She's gone hardcore. It said: put ur willie in ma mouth.

The descent of Scottish education at the hands of the stupid schoolteachers is all there. No capitalisation, no punctuation, no bugger all. They say they don't want to teach that kind of thing in primary school anymore because it stops the creative flow. I'm not kidding you!

I've told everyone who needs to know about these emails. The bosses. Anyone out there who read xxxRaBLissBookxxx will know what a bunch of useless merchant .... anyway, no more of that nonsense till Monday. Apart from going to see our friend doing respite care on Thursday and Sunday, I have no appointments. Hurrah!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is a huge mistake not to teach kids basics of spelling and punctuation.

Having gone to school at a time they taught phonics instead of spelling, trust me when I say it is a life long sentence of frustration.

A lot of it, I expect is the whole text message gig. Too many kids think they must be able to talk to their friends 24/7.

Glad the bliss is going well. Maybe when you can merge the two you can do even more amazing things.

Hotboy said...

Marie: Not being able to spell and whatnot embarrasses older kids and they stop trying. Hope you have a nice day! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

I read about a Buddhist who fed himself to a tigress when he saw that her cubs were starving. I hope you are not reaching that stage yet, but if you are, there were reports of a hungry looking leopard up on the Plateau the other day.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You don't want to believe all those buddhist fairytales. Are they telling their children to feed themselves to tigers? Us baldy monkeys are way bitter than tigers! Come on the baldy and not so baldy monkeys! Hotboy

ion said...

Always good to hear about bliss arising and abiding: hoping always to receive some osmotic benefit without the effort of practising.

What about yon lassie? If she truly exists, it's now way past schoolgirl crush and well into sexual harassment territory. Well fung wierd. I advise instigating a suit against your employers tomorrow for failure to protect you from distress, pain and suffering.

Hotboy said...

Ion: The babes is the babes, quite real alright. Once she is cut off from the emails ... like her chums ... she starts throwing herself at the walls of the glass box, making puny cute gestures. This might be okay for the heathens, but we expect decorum. I don't think she's a help at all! Hotboy

rob said...

Perhaps there's a more inoocent interpretation - what the schoolgirl meant was "put Oor Wullie in ma mouth." She likes reading annuals and was dropping a Christmas present hint.

rob said...

But why does she want the book in her mouth?

Hotboy said...

Albert? Let's hope suitable chastisements are meted out in my absence! Hotboy

rob said...

Into discipline now too? This really is progress!