Friday 17 October 2008

Times past!

Saturday 1:25 a.m.
The auld maw seemed slightly knocked off today (yesterday now). She was calling me Davy, Makie, Neilie, Hughie ... Hotboy, but she's always done that. She knew she was slightly knocked off because she was noticing it. If all your kids look a bit like each other, you're bound to mix them up sometimes if you've had a big family. Once, after she'd done this ... you could see she was bit annoyed by it, which was unusual ... she said Kathy, her 82 year old sister, was the fourteenth in the family. There were fifteen births, but only five of them made it to adulthood. She said she remembered her mother shouting out the back door of the miner's row for her children to come in for their dinner, calling out names of the dead ones mixed in with the live ones.

They're all going to hell, Jack! The evil bourgeois are all going to hell!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Why are the bourgeois evil? Because they don't have so many kids?

MM III

rob said...

If they all look a bit like you, things are worse than I thought.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? Do you only have one brother? What a bunch of merchant bankers you must come from! As usual! Hotboy

rob said...

This is interesting, I think you're saying I've been reincarnated and that my previous families were also merchant bankers.

Hotboy said...

Albert! It is too long ago for me to work this stuff out! I deny ever trying to say anything anyway. Hotboy