Thursday 16 October 2008

The sunny day!

Thursday 10:00 p.m.
It was a beautiful day today! On a beautiful sunny Autumn day like today, it is hard to sit in the hut. So I sat outside. You don't want to attract attention to yourself. The flatheids might wonder why you are just sitting there and think you are weird, but since it was a working day and there was no one about, I sat outside and fixed my eyes on a bank of marigolds.

All a marigold needs is a touch of sunlight! Nothing is as beautifully yellow as a marigold in the sunlight!

There's a path down through the allotments ... there's a path at either side of every allotment ... and another reason why you should maybe not meditate outside is that the flatheids will disturb you by wandering around with their heads up their backsides. So the flatheid who digs to the south of our allotment came walking down the path behind the bank of marigolds, and I had to pretend I was a flatheid as well and got a book out of my bag as she was passing. She didn't see me.

One of these days I'm just going to sit where the fung I like and if the flatheids don't like it, or it makes them feel that I am weird ... well, fung off flatheids!

Do you think the flatheid didn't see you because you had ceased to make mental waves, Hotboy? No, Jack. The flatheid didn't see me because she was pre-occupied. She didn't see the marigolds either. The flatheid is unhappy and preoccupied and too dumb to meditate. What can you say about flatheids? Dearie me. Dearie, dearie me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why the need to cover what you are doing with a book?

Perhaps it would be better to just sit quietly and set a good example. I suspect fewer folks notice you than you think.

Isn't the point of meditation to lift you away from distraction? Seems to me that if you can continue without being bothered by folks around you, you've got the hang of it.

The saddest thing is that she missed the beautiful flowers. So many folks exist on this world and miss how amazing things can be.

I love the sea because no matter how many times you look at it, you know it is never the same. A sense of wonder is a good thing.

Hotboy said...

I think the view from your house must be fantastic. You'll have plenty of storms to watch in the coming months. Hotboy p.s. In the summer, when we used to get them, you coudl sit with shades on and a book and nobody would now. Basically, I don't want to talk to anybody up my allotment, so I don't want to attract attention.

Anonymous said...

I say!

One should not feel guilty. One should simply go for it! Ignore the flatheids, is what I say.

Hereabouts, for example, cricket practise with the servants used to raise an eyebrow or two, especially when I gave myself not out (if batting). Now, no one gives s hoot.

On another matter, your post was becoming Wordsworthian at times.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Marigolds and Wordsworth? I wish I had his drug laws! Boy, would I have me a time! Hotboy

rob said...

I think mingers is right. Let it all out and you'll feel better. Just look at me!