Saturday 18 October 2008

The Marvellous Marvin!

Sunday 12:40 a.m.
I won't go on about the meditations this evening because their wonderfulness was beyond the descriptive powers of mere words. I'd like to say to all my deep dear friends (Hello, Jack!) that if you tried to conjoin with moi over this period, you're activities were totally contrapuntal and no help at all. However, since you are flatheids and have no mental control whatsoever, I will let yous off!

I have to go back to the jobbie on Monday and there will be no one there except moi. No schoolgirls. No schoolboys. No bullies. Just moi. But they have the broadband there.

Maybe I can slow it down and watch it properly. You can watch You Tube if you've got broadband. You can watch Marvellous Marvin fighting Tommy Hearns is you've got broadband. One of these days I'm going to give Marvellous Marvin a total doing, but I might wait until he is about ninety five. Just now on the broadband thingy, you can watch my favourite boxer, the great Tommy Hearns, trying to biff Marvellous Marvin. The only mistake he made in the three rounnds, or almost three rounds he boxed with Marvellous Marvin, was sending Marvellous to the neutral corner to get checked out by the doctor. He must have been cut.

What did the doc say to him? Did he say: You're funged,son. You've only got a round left with a wound like that. What did he say? Did he have to say anything? Just getting taken to the doc upset Marvellous. Did he think: This is what happened to Alan Minter! Fung that!

I'm looking forward to going to work on Monday so I can see the blow. Marvellous was adept amazingly as a southpaw and an orthodox joe. I think he might have knocked my favourite boxer out with a southpaw right. I can't remember. Did he switch his feet as he crossed the ring after Tommy got the first shock?

The sensei and reverend knows much more about boxing than I'll ever know. Did he switch feet half way across the ring as he chased Tommy Hearns?

I've got to lose half a stone before I can get into the ring with Marvellous Marvin.

Have you got a gun, Hotboy? To fight Marvellous Marvin you definitely would like to have a Bulldog 44 at least, Jack!

Sunday 12:20 p.m.
Hmmm? I think mixing the weissbeirs (2) with the home brew (one jug, honest!) was a bit of a mistake. Still, no harm done, eh! I'm looking forward to spending the afternoon in the pub!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me thinks you should stay in the audience and watch. Sounds like a good way to get hurt.

Hotboy said...

Marie! You should stay off the home brew as well!! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Titus 'Telephone Beats' Masanjika (a local champion of old, hereabouts) based his style of Marvellous Marvin. Didn't have the speed, though.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I'm teetotal friend. My vise is coffee and chocolate.

rob said...

Most people haven't actually seen Marvin but they know his dad Larry from Dallas, which is almost the same thing.

Hotboy said...

Marie! I meant "you" in the sense of "One", of course.
Albert! You might be the only man over forty who hasn't heard of Marvellous Marvin. BTW are you sure it's not Lee Harvey who comes from Dallas? Hotboy