Sunday 26 October 2008

Resume

Sunday 22:57 p.m.
The leaves seemed blasted and shredded on the raspberry stalks today. I ate a few, but there aren't many left. I heard it was a hard day for weather yesterday, but I spent most of it in the lobby and there are no windows or anything to the outside world, so what do I know?

I meditated for two hours in the hut. Everything opened up and I sat there in the bliss. This evening was wonderful as well in this regard. Warmth and bliss, but not so much heat, probably because I hadn't enough time spent on creating the three channels.

I had to give my time to the flatheids on Thursday and Friday because my beautiful, wonderful daughter was 21 at the end of the week. She was priceless on Friday when we went to see a preview performance of J.M. Barrie's play Mary Rose at the Lyceum. She has an Equity card. She spent two summers acting on kids programmes with the Comedy Unit of the BBC in Glasgow. I took her to first nights at the Traverse up until I fell off the freebie list when Philip Howard left. Her mother was in the theatre and had bought the tickets. Whenever her wonderful mother buys the tickets for any drama, I hope it will be so appallingly bad that it might be worth watching. I asked the kiddo what she thought of it play when it was finished and she said: "The reason why I don't want to try and write a play is because I'm worried that it might end up like that."

I'm a bit of a disgrace, Jack. What are the rest of them like, Hotboy? Hmmmm? I wouldn't like to say, Jack. I really wouldn't.

6 comments:

ion said...

Happy birthday to the kiddo, and congratulations to you and the Dom Bliss for getting to her to where she is!

Hotboy said...

Ion: It is better when they've grown up! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your lass. I find I enjoy my daughter much more as an adult than I did as a child.

Tell your daughter that April is 'Script Frenzy' an off shoot of NaNoWriMo.

I've worked in theater of some sort for near 40 years. Mostly amateur stuff, which is a lot of fun.

Wind/storm made a mess of what little was left of my garden the last few days.

Hotboy said...

Marie: I had eight plays produced and wrote scripts over ten years. Shame about your garden! The wind seems to be playing havoc up there just now. Boat and garden! Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

Leaves are good for you too, but have you tried eating the berries?

I think you're saying J M Barrie wisnae barry.

It seems not so long ago that she was about 17, it was at the time of the famous video interviews so that must have been four years ago. Congrats to her and you and DB.

Hotboy said...

I wouldn't like to put anyone off that show. It was a well written melodrama. But it was a melodrama. I hope J.M. got pots for it! Someone sitting with moi really seemed to like it, sticking her fist into her mouth at appropriate points. Must have been a big sucess at the time. What they think they're doing putting it on at the Lyceum ... dearie me! No wonder Arthur Miller was so ... Hotboy