Tuesday 14 October 2008

Morning routine!

9:10 a.m.
A proper practitioner might find this hilarious, but here is the routine I go through when I can get up and sit up in bed before getting up.

Visualise the gurus in front of you and then put them on top of your head and dissolve them in the light coming down through your body.

Visualise all the flatheids you know who have died; some family, friends and one or two people I didn't really like. None of the folk meditated and none of them got the bliss.

Go through the lineage from Tilopa or Dorje Chang down to Gampopa. Go through the dying process. Arise as a light being, the Medicine Buddha. Try to be the Medicine Buddha with the Medicine Buddha sitting in front of you also. Do light penetration in the four chakras going from the front visualisation into moi. Put the front visualisation on top of your head and ask for some help, etc. Dissolve the visualisation down into yourself. Dissolve the visualisation of yourself as the Medicine Buddha.

Try to visualise the kalachakra mandala and be in it (or on it) as the Medicine Buddha. Offer everything to the Medicine Buddha as it appears in front of you.

Go to the three channels and start vase breathing. You're concentrating on the navel chakra.Bring the juice up chakra by chakra, going down and coming up again.

At the end, you dedicate merit and dissolve into voidness, then go through the death process in reverse. Get back to Hotboy.

This is a huge palaver. It takes at least an hour, but I find it helpful, particularly when I've got plenty of time. After this, I tend to fool around with any meditation I like, but when it's a jobbie day, I have to get up and come here.

I'm getting fed up with this blog again. What I need is my secret agent to sell 888TheRealMcCoy777 at Frankfort next week. Nothing is happening. And the too dumb to meditate are just getting on my wick!!

7 comments:

rob said...

"get up and sit up in bed before getting up" - is that a koan? I like it.

The bit about visualising people who've died makes sense to me. I do it but not in a structured way. I might adapt some of this as it would help with the preparedness for death.

PS - I think everyone's fed up with blogging just now, and the infernal word verification doesn't help.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? Preparedness for death? You know about that than me with your health scares, but I suppose the black spot is always going to be a bit of a shock. I think you know one of the dead people. Gone but not forgotten. Hope this helps. Hotboy p.s. I'll try again to get the word verification switched off. I didn't switch it on!

Anonymous said...

I say!

No wonder you don't have time to work.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! What a waste of a life is going to a jobbie! Hotboy

rob said...

Doctor Robert has advised me to blog a dream I had last night about hotboy.

rob said...

PS - hoorah, the word verification's gone. Have you got a proper hut manager now?

Hotboy said...

Albert? The word thing was witin my competences after all! Hotboy