Saturday 18 October 2008

The Diet!

Saturday 8:10 p.m.
I haven't been eating at the start of the week until I get home from work. On Tuesday, I cycled to the Tai Chi. On Wednesday, I did fifty of Mr Iyengar's yogic jumpings. On Thursday, I felt very underpowered whilst up at the diggings and recognised this as a sign of drastic carbohydrate depletion, so that night, purely for medicinal purposes, I road tested the new home brew. Well, it wasn't new. It had been in the cask a whole day. Last night, I blew another hole into the lonely financial zone by purchasing four delicious bottles of weissbier. What a deathless delight they were too! This evening I donned the Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle and did the six threes. School librarians, ya bass! Scaled out just over twelve stone, so I've still got over a stone to lose, but I'm really quite fit for a fat old basturn.

If I'd had the wherewithal, I'd be in my tent down at the Samye Ling tonight. But the flat is all mine today and tonight and the meditations have been pretty awesome really. Apart from the training and the bathing and the reading the paper, I've done nothing else. I'm away back to the lobby now. If I go on fire, I'll let you know later on!

2 comments:

rob said...

As usual everything's balancing up:
Plus: the word verification is gone.
Minus: the RSS syndication has gone too, so bloglines tells me you stopped posting a week ago. Plus: So now I find there's a backlog of juju posts.
Minus: I have to comment sensibly.

rob said...

You didn't say anything about the home brew tasting, but I suppose it must have ben bad if you went straight out to the bottle shop for weissbier. One hopes it was Erdinger and not the inferior stuff. That would help anything.