Thursday 2 October 2008

Being a Fat Basturn!

Thursday 9:30 p.m.
Imagine the chagrin last night when I stepped on the scales and found myself once again at twelve and a half stone. I started dieting three or four weeks ago and then I was twelve and a half stone as well. Dearie me!

I shaved off my wee beard this summer partly so I could get a good look at the big baw heid, the saggy jowls and the double chin, of the fat drunken basturn. I've got a wardrobe of clothes which fit someone a stone and a half lighter.

I stopped eating so much bread. I wasn't eating at all at the jobbie though I was drinking three or so pints of home brew a night still. After a couple of weeks of this, was down to twelve and a quarter stone, so I'd lost about four pounds. Then, I decided that the only way to lose the beer belly was to stop drinking beer. So I stopped drinking beer a little over a week ago, apart from Saturday. I stopped eating bread in the evenings and only really ate soup after lunchtime.

I put on four blinking pounds substituting soup for beer and bread! That can't be right.

This is magical soup, Hotboy! If you'd gotten 333oRaBlissBookxx published last year and had been able to give up the jobbie and go into hut industries, the magical soup would have been a sure moneyspinner!

I must have been eating enormous quantities of soup. I was consuming a full pot every two days, but since there's no fat in soup, well .... There are a lot of tatties in your soup, Hotboy. Yes, Jack, there are a lot of tatties in my soup. Four or five baked potato sized tatties in each one.

Even at that, unless the soup is magical ... well, the Tibetans have magic pills. I've got a half packet of them up in the room, now that I remember. Folk must meditate over them and do a lot of thinking about them. Well, most of the ingredients of the soup are from the allotment and I meditate up there all the time. Three hours today, for instance.

I still don't see how the sums work. The scales are alright. Of course, since I wasn't drinking beer and such, I was meditating more. I spent seven hours today so far doing nothing at all. On the other hand, I've always taken twice as much exercise as just about anybody apart from a mentally ill person. I did a big dig this afternoon. Hmmm?

Cycling and digging and shadow boxing are all very well, but if you want to lose weight, there's nothing like running long slow distances. Just when the weather gets even filthier. Hmmm? I'm not happy staying a fat basturn though. Maybe I'll have a beer and think about it some more.

6 comments:

rob said...

A stone and a half of backed up ching. Dearie me! Thank goodness it's only photons.

PS, if the mentally ill person lives in New South Caledonia, I may know him or her.

Anonymous said...

Actually putting yourself on a starvation diet will bring your metabolism to a halt. As well as stop your weight loss until you loss all the protein in your muscles then the weight falls off too fast.

Better to have a big breakfast, a medium lunch and small supper.

7 hours meditating is good for the mind but the body needs to move.

Also keep in mind that folks over 40 don't have the same effective metabolism that young folks do. The body wants to hoard any extra calories. Beer is just extra empty ones. Bread is better because at least there is food value. The body is much more willing to stash calories than burn them off.

Someone told me the true definition of insanity is doing the same things and expecting different results. So could be time to change tactics and be patient.

Hotboy said...

Albert? is that you? I suspect you do know a mentally ill person. Hotboy
Marie: Good advice! I'm eating delicious banana and toast just now for breakfast. I'll just stop drinking beer. Help in so many ways. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

The Bogd Khan weighed much more than twelve and a half stone. So much so that, had there been a match in Mongolia at the time (early twentieth century), and had he been chosen to represent the Mongolia XI, he wouldn't have been able to get to the other end, let alone steel a quick run. Perhaps you don't realise that, compared to the Bogd Khan, you are very fortunate.

MM III

Lee Ann said...

Replaced bread and beer with soup and still gained 4 pounds? Hmmmmm....must be some really hearty soup!
Hope you have a great weekend.
~xo
Lee Ann

Hotboy said...

Lee Ann: Impossible! Hope you're having a nice weekend! It's overcast, windy and wet here.
Mingin'! So that's who Boggy The Dan was! Hotboy