Friday 10 October 2008

Flatheids!

Friday 8:11 p.m.
Flatheid is not necessarily a pejorative term. People who are called flatheids might think it is a pejorative term, but it is possible to use it as the best description available. Flatheids are folk who do not meditate. Good luck to them. Most people who meditate are also flatheids, or, like moi, are flatheided most of the time, but because they meditate these fortunate creatures will not remain as flatheids.

It is not compassionate just to tell the flatheids to fung off. But to do this juju among the flatheids, it must be necessary to keep the flatheids down to a minimum. Flatheids always end up jangling your nervous system, even if that is your own fault. Cavorting with the flatheids really takes it out of you.


You want everything to be just dead quiet. Exciting your mind is the
last thing you want to do. I meditated all day yesterday until nine o
clock at night, but though the meditations as usual showed progress,
the thoughts arising were jumpy, and thejoe having the thoughts was a little bit unsettled. This was entirely due to an overdose of flatheids. I gave away two days to flatheids last week. I gave up meditating with the nun on Monday so I could have a completely frivolous conversation with a deep dear flatheid I hadn't seen for ages.

I feel as if I'm that close, Jack. What would you think if you got given the black spot now, Hotboy? I'd think I wish I'd told them all to fung off, Jack. Hmmmm? It's always a work in progress, Hotboy.

A kid told me he was going to do comparative religion at uni, and I gave him "In Search of the Panchen Lama" to read. A good book. It's got a photie
of the ripped off kid on the front. He asked me this week to tell him
how to meditate and I gave him ten minutes about the physical bliss and
the mental ecstasy. The Disbelieving Congregation isn't into feeling
relaxed or whatever it is they say you're going to feel when you
meditate. We're into the bliss! Oh,ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss!

2 comments:

Lelly said...

Hi HB!

Was in your neck of the woods for a weekend with 5 girlfriends earlier this year, part of my 50th birthday celebrations. We met quite a few flatheids! :)

rob said...

Lelly - coincidentally I too met quite a few flatheids and deifheids in Edinburgh recently. But you can get them other places too, if that's any help.