Monday 13 April 2009

Ninety!

Monday 10:10 p.m.
On Sunday, I bought fags in Newmains. Nervous. I'd taken the bob hope with me. So I had an excuse almost.

I sat in the big garden of a one time manse. I'd had a couple of joints before I sat down under the giant birch tree. But when I'd closed my eyes on the way there ... well, Jack, what can I say about the bliss? The thing was ... after a while, I got up and paced the lovely dark Lanarkshire garden and then, before I sat down again, I did a dog pose. From the night before and the race to get up and ready (I don't want to do that anymore. I need at least an hour and a half of meditating before I can speak to anyone!), I had not done much stretching. The dog pose. (Warning: most blisses in these bloggies are with the eyes closed. I do not know why that should be.)

Before there was the bliss which was manifest when you were sitting upright. Then there was the bath bliss, the bliss, Oh, ra bliss, ra bliss, ra bliss, as you succumbed to the exhaustion and the wonderments. This led onto the savasana bliss, which might have something to do with yoga nidra, but since I fall asleep, it can't be yoga nidra yet.

I forgot to mention the sitting up from leaning down bliss. This was the most wonderful bliss when it appeared ... in the Meadows manifest, I think, on a summer's day spent supporting getting rid of poverty... we all surely wish ... because that day I knew that I was no longer normal. The leaning forwards then straightening up bliss is a wonderful gift ...

Hotboy, why is it you do not get this kind of stuff all the time? Well, Jack, I think it must be that my head is so stuck up my backside most of the time that I am distracted such and cannot truly remember how it felt like to be in such bliss. And this thought or feeling of bliss cannot ever be permanent or perfect, or grasped forever. Not in any way yet. So I do not get the wonderful stuff all the time.

The dog pose. The most wonderful yoga teacher parted my testicles once whilst I was in a dog pose ... by an inadvertent sweep of her palms. The dog pose bliss.

These are all examples of getting this envelope thing on and scintillating ...or rather it coming on by some means beyond our ken and being radiant and gleaming like the light swords!

There's also been the bliss whilst lying on one's side. Also, fabulous tadasana bliss the other day. Elevated by the current.

I said to the auld maw: 1919 is an awful long time ago, maw. Aye, says she, so it is. We are a family of few words.

It was the auld maw's ninteith, nintieth, ninete ... nine decades old birthday today. That's an awful long time to be alive.

As soon as I start seeing the heavenly visions, I know it'll be time to go, Jack. You might have to go a long time before that, Hotboy. Lordy! Lordy! Take me now! Tale me now!

I must say it is a real shame that everyone doesn't get the bliss. It's not fair, neither it is.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I offered incense and chanting for your mother's birthday, and every other day she has. Tell her she can still shave her head and get a robe and come over here with me.

Hotboy said...

Doggy! I'm keeping her for as long as I can! Hotboy

Marie Rex said...

Happy Birthday to your mum.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Hope you had a nice journey home! Hotboy

rob said...

I wonder if it's possible to edge out an addictive obsession by replacing it with a more benign one. Do you by any chance have any other obsessions you can substitute?

rob said...

Interesting teaching technique, punching the student in the goolies. I've often wanted to employ it myself.