Monday 20 April 2009

The Diggings!


Monday 8:00 p.m.
The photie is of one half of the allotment at the end of the spring digging. So I've dug twice this size in the last wee while, apart from the strawberry patch which is at the bit where you can see the white window box on the toppish right. The dark bit on the photie is the wee bit I dug today, a much bigger bit than usual.

It only took just under two hours, Jack, and has made me totally knackered. I'd like to take my hat off to anyone who has to make a living doing manual labour.

No nicotine for two days now and no bother really. But I'm going to get pissed tonight. Back to the jobbie tomorrow. Though I haven't been off like the school teachers, I've had a good rest (and a good smoke!) and right now I can't remember why speaking to young people should be such a pain in the butt sometimes. Like tomorrow! Get me out of there, God! Get me to fung out of there!

4 comments:

ALBERT said...

This is what doctor robert calls the hair-splitting of the true addict. I know it well. "It was only green tea so it doesn't count", "tea bags aren't really tea", "adding milk means I'm not really hooked".

albert said...

PS Dr. bob says reluctant addiction is a form of self-flagellation. Substitute a healthier method of beating yourself up, and the nicotine dragon will be stilled. Shadow boxing perhaps?

Hotboy said...

Albert? The comment thing on your blog doesn't work from here. No worries with the nicotine anymore. This is the fourth day off. Hotboy

rob said...

thanks hotters, I don't know what the reason was.