Sunday 5 April 2009

Ignition?!


Sunday 5:45 p.m.
The photie was taken at 1:45 p.m. today.


There are nine beds of onion and four rows of tatties.


A long time ago, I thought it might be possible to be able to close your eyes and be almost immediately in bliss. This was my ambition. This was all that my juju was about then. No religion in that, Jack! Is there a road to the bliss? Today after sitting at the side of the allotment, I sank almost immediately into a vast wonderful ocean of bliss. It was just there very soon after I closed my eyes.

I'd like to stop right there for a moment and give myself a big round of applause! Hurah! Hurah! Hurah!

I'm happy with that. If I get an old age, that's going with me.

Then I went into the hut. So you've got the amazingly wonderful bliss and you might be able to just leave it there. No method, just the bliss. But you start in with the manglings of the medicine buddha sadhana. This is taking the result as the path. Usually, I'm trying and totally failing in do these visualisations, but as you've got some little potential idea of the medicine buddha failing to materialise, you might start thinking about the qualities. You are the medicine buddha. You are full of compassion and altruism, loving kindness, joy, bliss, healing and heat. You start to try to emanate that.

This was a first today. Trying to blast out the joy and compasion and all that felt completely brilliant!


After the men had fixed the window on Thursday, and I'd been to the dentist ... blah, busy, blah ... sometime later, I wondered if this was ignition. As in: Houston, we have ignition! You're supposed to be able to ignite the inner fire at some point. I was getting lovely tendril waves of heat rolling up my body apres the vase breath. And tomorrow I'll be chewing the carpets at my jobbie due to murderous nicotine withdrawals! Sometimes it's really hard work being as dumb as moi, Jack!

But no beer since last Satuday. I think I'll give myself another round of applause for that!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Here's a challenge for you. If you visit this site you'll see a lipogram containing 1500 words without one single use of the letter 'e'. Now, your challenge, should you accept it, is to write a blog post without once using the letter 'b'.

That would help some of us a lot.

MM III

Anonymous said...

I say!

"There are nine beds of onion and four rows of tatties." I love these ancient Buddhist sayings. They seem to encompass so much worldly knowledge. It's funny how they usually include so much maths, though.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I don't have any time for this challenge of writing lots of words. I used to challenge myself with that without having the need of anyone to challenge away. By the way, Buddhists shouldn't eat onions, or garlics, or any of those kinds of things! Hotboy

albert said...

mingers, that site is a sad case. But on the positive side, it makes my life seem almost worthwhile in comparison.

hotters, have you considered varying your viewpoint? Pictorially speaking.

I can confirm that onions do indeed inflame the passions.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Don't talk to Hotters about inflamed passions. Otherwise he'll hark on about schoolgirls again.

That wouldn't help one bit.

MM III