Thursday 23 April 2009

Bliss Update!

Thursday 12:52 p.m.
I did a two hour sit this morning. It starts more or less with the bliss and then everything seems to open up into deeper and deeper bliss. I didn't feel particularly sharp (four bottles of Erdinger last night!), but I didn't want to get up either. The part where you start to raise the focus up the chakras till you get to the brain chakra .... well, that was phenomenal!

Otherwise, I'm feeling a bit scunnered. I wish I could meditate all day now, but I have to get on my bike and go visit the hospital. The Domestic Bliss left me three quid in case I needed to get a bus because of the rain. How pathetic can you get! I'll have to hit the credit card anyway before I get paid since Froggy McDuck is arriving in town on Friday. Dearie me!

Just as I feel as if I've had samsara up to here, suddenly there are social engagements everywhere. Fung it!

5:15 p.m.
Totally cheered up by the cycling and the visit with our friend with the MS. She's always so cheerful. Now I'm going to soak in a bliss bath for hours ... and hours ... and hours!

11:28 p.m.
Sometimes I get a sore head from, I think, dehyration due to the physical jerks. It's in abeyance as a rule, but it does not like vase breathing at all. Mad cycling today. Just don't know how to dress for that. Thirsty for ages afterwards. Abandoned the meditations after an hour and a half sit this evening and hit the poverty for a Dry Muscat weighing in at 13% and from South Eastern Australia.

It's been a crap week. Well, the Dakini told me that if I smoked the ounce I would go to hell. It's not really been hell, but a bit disagreeable when I wasn't meditating. Actually, it's been crap! Except for ....

The kiddo finishes art college this June. The Worshipful Company of Glaziers and Glass Painters have just given her a year's scholarship to help her become a worker in that field. She had to take some pieces to show the interviewers in London and one of them bought a piece for £350. That might be the first thing she's sold. I should have bought it first, but I don't have any money! But I do have a daughter. So that's been good!

4 comments:

rob said...

If the daughter has a web page where she posts pics of her work, you could email it to albert.

re the Dakini, my own sensei used to use a set of Dakini Oracle cards. I don't get off on this stuff but it might help you. E.g. goddess stuff and Card Images.

Hotboy said...

Albert? She's even less interested in computers than moi! When she does set up a webpage, I'll let you know. Hotboy p.s. She hasn't an email account. pps did your sensei meditate? What happened to you then?

rob said...

Bavarianism means never having to meditate.

PS - perhaps the daughter's peer group is into rejecting technology. The boy here and his mates are like that, rejecting everything modern except the technologies of brewing and drug-manufacture.

Hotboy said...

Albert? She's just not a geek! Hotboy