Sunday 22 March 2009

The Sunday Night!

Sunday 8:00 p.m.
There's been nobody in today or this evening except you and me, Jack. Just about now the meditations would have been coming on superbly, but I went out for some beer to go with the last of the bob instead.

Last night I read through some of this bloggy. I found it fairly boring and repetitive with one or two wee gems, but it seems to be quite upbeat really. It keeps going on about the bliss and such, and keeps saying how everything in this regard continues to get better and better. But it doesn't say how. I wonder if that's just another illusion. Since there's nothing but illusion, it's quite hard to say really.

Must have done six hours today. A mere beginning really. I shouldn't have got the beers.

The main thing about this blog is that I do it for relaxation and for venting about the flatheids, but I should try a bit harder to write ... like writing. Since I'm hardly engaged with the Cold Killing book. If anyone would like me to write a post about anything, I might as well.

I think from reading this blog that it seems that I would like more people to meditate. You'd be much better off trying to be good. People who can give me half their drugs are far better people than moi! I'm not good at all.

If this bloggy is any use for anything, it is to show that you don't have to be very good at all to get lots of goodness from meditation. But I definitely would like to be good!

"Let no man talk lightly of good, saying in his heart, 'it will not come nigh me'. By the falling of water drops, a pot is filled; the wise man becomes full of good even if he gathers it litttle by little." Dhammapada.

Meditations won't do you any good at all, apart from giving you access eventually to the vast oceans of bliss; promoting good health; giving you a feeling of purpose and direction in your life; making you far happier than you would have been otherwise; and causing schoolgirls to slap themselves off the glass box.

It's not part of our culture so much. Nobody does it. If lots and lots of folk did it, we could all talk about it. We could invent new words. Like all the words the eskimoos have for snow.

I've been hoping to give up newspapers. So I read the Observer today. This boy says I was dead right about the envolutionary jump after the nuclear winter. It seems homo sapiens got off after the last ice age when the humans had been reduced to a couple of hundred thousands. The boy says that sort of thing has happened a few times ... then jump! So if you want to be part of the future ... you flatheids who are into the selfish gene explanation (don't go there, Hotboy! Don't go there!) should learn to keep warm in the cold without having any thermal underwear. Forget about the grandchildren and all this family life stuff. If you can't teach your children how to be warm in the cold ... futility! Futility! We're doomed! Doomed, I tell you!

They won't listen to you anyway. It would be much better just to be good!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK.

Hotboy said...

Another focker! Okay dokay!

rob said...

I noticed that http://rajujublog.blogspot.com/2009/03/some-buddhism.html, the post after this one, has since disappeared. I thought that was my trick.

Beer with bob! Do they balance each other out? That'd be no help.

rob said...

Re reader requests - see my previous request.

rob said...

I've been good all my life, just to balance things up. I ought to try being bad. It certainly seems to have helped in your case.

Anonymous said...

More please about the slappers hanging out against the glass box.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I took out the post containing the stuff from the dhammapada. Said something to me, but what would it do for you? Hotboy