Tuesday 24 March 2009

Slough of Despond!

Tuesday
Hit a real dip yesterday afternoon, something a bit unusual around here. I was downloading stuff from Yahoo briefcase which is going belly up at the end of this month. So I'm downloading .... seven unpublished novels! Harry Haiku time

Seven unpublished novels on a page
Seven UNPUBLISHED novels on a page
SEVEN UNPUBLISHED novels on a page.

I had to wonder what kind of a nutter would spend so much time writing novels when he couldn't get any of them published. What a lot of work even if they are crap!

Then I thought: What kind of nutter would focus their life on meditating for hours and hours every day?

Maybe I hit crisis point because of giving up hope on xxxTheRealMcCoyxxx, it being Monday and having such a lousy jobbbie, and knowing there might not be much point in worrying about writing another novel since I wouldn't get it published either. But I've got an agent! I've got an agent!, I heard a wee voice cry. Write a crime book which includes humping school girls! Then you could get another book published and maybe you could imagine getting enough money to think of getting out of this jobbie once and for all! Dearie me!

I blame all this on eating a huge lunch (three slices of bread!) when I wasn't going to eat at all at the jobbie. Completely exhausted, so I was!

But now it's Tuesday. Back to the bliss!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of nutter would write novels to get them published? A lot of work, and publication doesn't bring happiness, or even much in the way of material reward.

You should bow to these seven novels and thank them for the time you got to spend writing them. We both know it was a great time - it always is!

Hotboy said...

Doggy! You're always dead right about the novelisting! I'll take ten percent off the top! Hotboy p.s. There is nothing better to moi than writing novels! But I think you should get to complain and moan and groan as much as you like!

Anonymous said...

Let's see....I wrote the total of ....zero novels....

Hotboy, the measure of success is not the total of "published" novels...the fact that you wrote 7 novels is a feat in itself.

By the way...do you curl? I'm an avid curler. Being a Scotsman...surely you must have thrown a rock or two...

Eric

Hotboy said...

Hello Eric! You're probably more Scottish than I am! How nice to hear from you again! Usually, it's only perverts who comment on this bloggy! My mother-in-law was in a curling team for ages! Hamilton Ice Rink! I couldn't believe she was doing that. I think it used to be colder, and folk in Scotland drank more whisky then, and you can't really curl outdoors unless the lochs get frozen. Anyway, I think this should be a bit of a truthful blog and sometimes I get pissed off! So I do! But I'm not pissed off now. Can you get Erdinger bottles of beer in Canada? It's a delight and a curse at the same time, so it is! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I sang it to the tune of ten green bottles, but the last line's missing. What is it?

PS I hope they weren't Erdinger, what a waste!