Wednesday 4 March 2009

Negative thoughts!

Wednesday
I had some unsettling dreams last night and awoke to a welter of negative thoughts. This is unusual, or at least increasingly unusual.

What causes and conditions set the frame for these kinds of thoughts to arise? I could pick out a couple of them, but no doubt there are millions I can't even guess at.

It's not much use saying you don't want to have thoughts like that once they have already arisen and you're having to deal with them. And when they come with a strong emotional vibe, it's hard to get the distance to watch them go on their way.

Fortunately, essentially I don't believe in thoughts! Lying basturns almost every one. I don't mind entertaining positive ones, but the negative ones are completely useless.

It is unfortunate that some folk are pre-disposed to be miserable and, being flatheids, don't even know they're flatheids. It is a shame that a lot of these folk will die in pain and anguish, but that's not my fault. You do your best, but the too dumb to meditate are just too dumb to meditate. C'est la vie!

Unlike last week, I won't be seeing any flatheids at all unless they're bringing me some decent drugs. I have no social engagements lined up until July. Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! <

5 comments:

rob said...

Me too - nightmares of Edinburgh to boot. It could be something in the ionosphere. Were yours set in the southern hemisphere? About springing a leak in your boat to the islands perhaps.

Anonymous said...

"I won't be seeing any flatheids at all unless they're bringing me some decent drugs" - For lo! They did come to pay homage bearing precious gifts. This new religion could be the big break you've waited for. Put me down to churn out a chapter of the bliss bible. The gospel according to albert. I'm going to be famous!

Hotboy said...

Albert? Is that you? I can't remember what they were about now. Interpersonals, I think, and not being lost in downtown Freetown which is the usual! Hotboy p.s. You'd have to put in the bit about throwing the blissheid out the your motor in the middle of nowhere!

rob said...

The parable of the bad samaritan. For St Albert spake unto the blissheid - go forth out of the chariot amongst the philistines of the night, and spread the bliss. And so it came to pass that hotters and Marina, who was heavy with wine, were swaddled in chip wrappers and lying in a gutter.

I can knock off the rest when the contracts are signed - 10% advance as usual.

Hotboy said...

Albert? That's actually quite good! I think you've got the job. I just want ten percent off the top! It's not much to ask! Hotboy