Wednesday 25 March 2009

Allotment shot 5!



Wednesday 9 p.m.

I got to the allotment a little later today (the photie was at 5:15 p.m.) due to being at the dentist. I was lying on the grass in Princes Street Gardens at the back of one since there was no point in going home before the Painless Potter appointment.

I heard about a very nice, slightly younger woman getting handed the black spot at work today. Colon. Apart from the odd time in this blog, I gave up colons years ago. Thank god for that, eh, Jack?

Suffering is caused by desire based on ignorance of your own true self. The Second Noble Truth.

It would be nice if you could see an end in sight. I almost put in a passage from the Dhammapada the other day where this boy questions Ananda about using desire as the path. He says this is an endless path. Ananda says the end of the path is when you become an arahant, or an arhant. You will have abandoned desire.

Well, I don't see that happening around here any day soon, Jack!

The wonderfulness of the meditations continues to increase. It's as if there's something opening into greater and greater bliss.

Sometimes recently when I haven't been actually meditating, I've felt a mild bursting with joy and bliss, but this is unusual.

Normally, when I'm not meditating, I'm .... the false sense of self does not seem to be diminishing much! The ignorance, greed and hate in their various forms and subdivisions are all still there. Mr Hyde, why don't you just piss off and leave me alone!

I did twenty of Mr Iyengar's yogic jumpings this evening and then my six threes in the full Beer Monster Reduction Vehicle. So I'm funged, Jack! Fat funged basturn! I'm going out for some beer. I may post later when I'm feeling revived!

23:55 p.m.
Theravadins are tough on themselves. Ridiculous to call it the small vehicle. I can do the bliss. Any moron can do the bliss. The problem is described surely in the Second Noble Truth. Suffering is caused by desire based on ignorance of your own true self. Or actions and delusions based on ignorance of your own true self. I think you'd have to get used to being tough on yourself. Can you blast out ignorance, hate and greed through the bliss? If you could, they would have surely. Dearie me! I'd like to go back to my own planet now, I really would!

The woman with the colon cancer thing is a very nice person and probably much better than moi, but no bliss, Jack. No bliss. Or, not even any bliss. Not even the idea that there might be bliss. A flatheid. Not one smidgin of bliss has ever crossed her mind. There is bugger all I can do about that, Jack! If you don't put in the causes and conditions, you don't get the bliss!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

re the woman getting the diagnosis at work. Are you moonlighting in a hospital?

onan the bavarian said...

Re the colon: try www.sharoncolon.com. It's not what you think.

onan the bavarian said...

As Brian Wilson would tell you, they played a theravadin in Good Vibrations.

Hotboy said...

Albert? Yes, I have started working in a hospital so I can see the flatheided morons and unfortunate ones like yourself getting handed the black spot. It makes me laugh, so it does. What's the point in meditating if you can't feel superior, eh? I suppose reading this crap stops you doing ... well, it probably doesn't! Have a nice day. I was having one before I started wasting it on this drivel. Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Albert? I not looking up that url until you tell me what it's about. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Always a good idea to keep an eye on the colon.

MM III

onan the bavarian said...

Fantastic photie of ra castle. Makes it almost look like it's in the middle of nowhere. You're getting the hang of this.

PS the link in the earlier comment is to a bad punctuation site, run by a friend of Albert's