Friday 20 March 2009

Crabbit R Us!

Saturday 00:46 p.m.
Be positive. I went to see a Sam Shepard play at the Lyceum tonight, called something like "The curse of the starving class". Really enjoyed staring from the balcony at everything that was happening on the stage, but crabbit as hell otherwise. I don't want to go out on Friday nights. I give Fridays during the day away. I keep Thursdays. I can do things which the flatheids being flatheids cannot do, or imagine on Friday evenings. Up till then, it had been a good, very good day.

I read out the wonderful email I received from the Spango yogini to the auld maw about the Dickensian Shylocks from Bellshill and that was great. Even though I drank five bottles of Erdinger last night and one can of wifebeater, I was still beaming with bliss. Such bliss on the train! Such bliss! Onward and upward.

Then the auld maw lay on her bed and I put on the first one of the five CDs I'd bought for her for her 90th birthday. I'd pre-empted her birthday giftings. The CDs of the Lama Yeshe and perfectly appropriate. In the first five minutes he says he likes growing old and wishes he could get older faster. He'd speed it up if he could. He is not scared of dying and regards it as a great opportunity. Then lots of stuff about the mind and what it is and how to meditate. This was a talk given at one of the Christmas things they put on every year. I was there once or twice myself. I could have envisioned the temple and the atmosphere and the cold snowy night outside, but I was doing the bliss and the talk was the wonderful backdrop. You can always check to see how it's moving on and it's always moving on.

He said he still does about six or seven hours a day of the meditations.

Are the folk, the nice people, who do not meditate all funged, Hotboy? Pondlife morons the lot of them, Jack! You need screens. You need control. Otherwise, you will be sucked back into the pond with the rest of the sweetie eating, too dumb to meditate ... I think I'll go to bed. Please God, I will give up being insulting to the flatheids and give up the beers and being crabbit and all other bad things if you will just send the dakini down from the heavens with the bob hope tomorrow. Amen.

4 comments:

rob said...

Though I would have enjoyed the play, the old dear would rather see the starvation of the cursing classes, so it all balances out.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Was the Sam Shepard about starving people about The Democratic Republic of the Congo, or Zimbabwe? That sounds like a wonderful play. Did he advocate the ending of aid?

Manny Happy Returns to your Auld Maw, from all of us in Kalimbuka. Doviko would like to send her one of his chocolate cakes.

MM III

Anonymous said...

That's an excellent play, probably my favorite of his.

Tell the Auld Maw she was never born and can never die.

Hotboy said...

Hello Everyone! It is a wonderful morning here in not so chilly Jockoland! Sam Shepard would have shot himself if he'd had to sit through that production, but I enjoyed it! The auld maw's birthday is on April 13th. Seven kids. 18 grandkids. 10 great great grandkids so far! Go forth and multiply! Hotboy