Thursday 12 March 2009

Allotment shot 3


Thursday 9:29 p.m.
This was taken at 4:22 p.m. today.

Then I started digging till Brian Wilson showed up. He was so contrite about injuring me the last time we met that he only had a cup of coffee in the pub. And he bought me a pint of Erdinger.

I've had a great day today, spending most of it in the lobby. It occurred to me this morning that of the eighteen folk I remember in my meditations, sixteen of them died before they reached my age. That's all of them except my father-in-law and an old uncle of mine. Human existence is precious to me. Fabulous bliss today, but I tried to stick with the emptiness sometimes. I am not the body. It is not mine. I do not own it. It is not my self. One of these days, Jack. One of these days. Now I'm tired and will drink the beers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're sure it was contrition and not a mega-hangover.

Reassuring to hear that my existence is precious to you.

Anonymous said...

PS if it's not one's body, why does one bother pouring beer into it?