Sunday 29 March 2009

The Bliss!


Sunday 1:51 p.m.
I would like the kiddo to start meditating and I always chat to her about the juju whenever I see her in the hope of encouraging her in this direction. Today I was trying to remember why I started meditating and why I stuck with it. I've been meditating since my early thirties, so it's quite a long time ago now, a generation really.

You cannot demonstrate the bliss. I didn't even know there was any bliss when I started. Once I'd taught myself how to do it, I became an enthusiast very quickly, mainly because of the weird stuff that happens; like blasts of red light stuff going up your back and all. I found meditating to be very interesting.

By the time I was forty, I could sit in a really lousy lotus position for a max of twenty minutes. I must have started getting up for an hour before going to work when I was about forty two. It's hard to get up at six o clock in the morning, especially in the winter when it's dark and cold. My right knee started dislocating at one point due to the lousy lotus position, something the tai chi eventually put right. Dearie me! Of course, when I started doing an hour before going to work, I really started to hit bliss.

But why would anyone put themselves through all that? Why did I do that? Even if you could demonstrate the bliss, most folk wouldn't meditate. I'll just have to get on with it and forget about them.

Today I can meditate as much as I like because I have no arrangements made. I did two and a half hours before coming to write this. The last hour especially was full of great bliss and light and some warmth. It'll just get better from here on in. I'm going to the hut.

Jack, why have I been so fortunate even while surrounded by the unfortunate ones? Who knows, Hotboy? Some cats got it and some cats aint!

6:14 p.m.
The photie was taken this afternoon in the allotment. These plants usually die over the winter. . No idea what it's called either.

2 comments:

rob said...

Re the lotus - if the savasanna is just as good, why not use it and save the knees?

Hotboy said...

Albert? It's not just as good! Hotboy