Saturday 7 March 2009

Invest in your death!

Saturday 6:51 p.m.
Last summer I was at a gong bashing festival down at the Samye Ling and as I sat there in the temple with my eyes closed, I was becoming conjoined with the disagreeable and separated from the agreeable. The lama appeared in my mind's eye and he said: Why can't you just enjoy being here? Almost immediately, I became conjoined with the agreeable and separated from the disagreeable.

With the body, senses, perceptions, mental formations and consciousnesses, we are a fung miracle. Why be pissed off?

"Them that dies will be the lucky ones!" Long John Silver.

So you die and you leave your gross body behind you, but you still have your subtle body, the one you dream with. You can still do emotions, visions, archetypes, etc., and in this condition your mental powers are vast due to having no gross body in the way. This means if you think you'd like to go to the moon, you're there. Just like that.

Unfortunately, since you are a flatheid and have spent your life sucking sweeties, you are more or less still wandering around with your head stuck up your backside, which is to say, you're still a moron, or like a monkey. You have not trained your mind. When you die, you're completely freaked. One negative thought or emotion ... with the vast mental powers, it's going to be a total bummer, Jack!

At this point, I have to say that I don't think it was a good idea for Aldous Huxley to have dropped the acid as he was snuffing it.

Anyway, in the midst of this horrorshow, suddenly you have a vision of moi, and moi says: Why don't you just go to heaven? You say: Heaven? And voila!

You've thought the thought and immediately you're in there with the old guy with the beard, the celestial choirs, the angels floating on the clouds playing harps, etc. But it doesn't have to be that kind of heaven. Maybe you're kind of heaven is like a wonderful, beautiful garden full of randy virgins. I'm not sure what the female equivalent of this is. Maybe a wonderful, beautiful garden full of strapping men delighted to help you with your luggage.

But will it be real, Hotboy? It's a dream scene, Jack. Even if it doesn't last long, it would be a nice change from the demons sticking red hot pokers up your arse.

If you want this when you're dead, that'll be a hundred grand up front, or ten percent off the top ad infinitum.

Like images seen in a dream; thus must we regard all things. Nagarjuna. The Wall.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

A hundred grand Zimbabwe $s are on the way.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! You're going to hell! You're going to hell! You're going to hell! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I read some place they dying was like waking from a dream.

I don't fear dying, if I did I'd never be able to sleep. Deep sleep where the mind is quiet is a lovely place.

I don't believe in heaven, I believe this existence is hell. Once I learn what I need to know I'll be released to some where quiet.

Human birth is what separates us. Up till the moment of birth we are always with others. totally connected.

Being human forces us to be alone with the noise in our own heads.

So logically death releases us from separation.

Anonymous said...

I say!

Talking as a flatheid, I would say that it's not the meditation that is the problem, it's the necessary investment of 6 hours every day that is the concern.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Marie and Mingin'! Meditation is such a joy! It's just gone 2p.m. here on Sunday and if I could pick an almost perfect condition to remain in, well, I've just about been there! Wonderfulness, wonderfulness, wonderfulness! And, Mingin', all the time you spend not meditating is lost ... like tears in the rain. I started on ten minutes a day, not six hours. I do a lot more because it has become a lot more wonderful!! Take it from moi ... flatheids don't even know they're flatheids! Hotboy p.s. And I can't even do this juju yet!!!!

Anonymous said...

"Why be pissed off?" bRILLIANT! iT'S SO SIMPLE WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

rob said...

It's not the dying that bothers me, it's the living while dying. Somebody please terminate me when I'm not looking.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I'll terminate you the next time I see you if you like. I don't think the world would miss a flatheid since there's plenty of yous out there! Hotboy