Tuesday 17 March 2009

Bye, Bye, Peter!

Tuesday
I've been dedicating meditations to Peter Ballocks for months now, but more so over the last seven weeks since he snuffed it. There is a photie of him in a blog. He is the first person I've done this with whom I didn't know, but could visualise from a photograph.

Did you tell him to go to heaven, Hotboy? Yes, I did, Jack. Do you think there's a heaven, Hotboy? Buggered if I know, Jack.

I did some tonglen stuff as well. I doubt if any of this did him any good, but it was a help to me.

Tibetan buddhism doesn't do souls. So you don't get the transmigration of souls if souls are taken to be some kind of unchanging essence. I think they'd say there was some kind of very subtle consciousness that continues like a string linking pearls in a necklace. How that's supposed to work out, well, don't ask me.

Anyway, Peter Ballocks passed away 49 days ago, so it's bye, bye, Peter Ballocks! I'll miss him in a strange kind of way.

If anyone would like me to dedicate meditations to someone, that'll be ten percent off the top, please!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't offer you 10%, because there is nothing involved but love.

My dear friend's baby was still born a couple weeks ago. They named her Isobel Grace.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Okay. If you like. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Thank you, it helps my heart to know you are using your good bliss to help her on her journey.

Hotboy said...

Marie! Ah, just left something on your blog after I got off the allotment this evening. Nice to be a help to someone other than the brewers! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I say!

Could you dedicate a few meditations to the England cricket team? That might help.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I'm afraid soon the jihadis will put a stop to all this international creekit. I don't mind it, but it shouldn't be on Radio 4!!!! Hotboy p.s. the Domestic Bliss hates it as well!!!!

ion said...

Il Ballocks wouldn't thank you himself, but didn't always know what was good for him. I'll thank you for him, despite his protestations at our last meeting to 'can the religious shite'.

Thoughts too of Isobel Grace- a beautiful name- and her parent/s. My wee wan was Isobel for her first 3 days, before her eventual name 'took' better. 10% of love is either and both everything and nothing: a fulsome amount.

Hotboy said...

Ion: I'm not really much good at compassion which is supposed to be the essence of this juju, so Peter Ballocks has been good for me. I was thinking of still births this morning ... my granny had more than one out of 15 births. Must be brutal. If I ever tried to write a book about the juju, 'Can the Religious Shite!' would be a great title! Hotboy

rob said...

I had Tonglen once, in Skye. 80 proof it was.