Tuesday 10 March 2009

Reading Books

Tuesday 10:50 p.m.
There have been nice things arising from writing this bloggy. I have to admit that. I've had a few laughs and I've been self indulgent and I've met Ion, so I cannot say that it has been a complete waste of time. However, I was hoping to get a hedgehog out of this bloggeration and it has not arrived yet. Is it the springtime or not? I imagine that the hedgehog is still asleep and awaiting the warmer weather. I haven't seen a hedgehog for such a long time. What a great thing it would be to sit in your hut with a hedgehog there as well!

Kids sometimes ask me if I've read all the books in the library where I work. I feel like such a fraud because I used to read a lot of books, but now I read hardly any. I'm trying to read a book by a joe called Ismail Kadare at the moment, called Spring Flowers, Spring Frost, and I used to read stuff like that quite a lot. Translations. I also used to smoke dope in the living rooms where I used to live and relax after training by smoking dope and reading books by people you'd never heard of.

When we had the chance to get a colour telly, I remember thinking that we would watch it a lot because it would be more colourful than the surroundings, better looking.

I hoped when I started writing this bloggy that I would engage with folk from around the world who meditated and folk who would be a help with the juju and all that. Unfortunately, the only people I have engaged with are complete flatheids, or so it seems. That is, apart from the folk who know they aren't. And I could have written them letters.

I had three black and white teevees once and two of them didn't work, but were supports for the one that did. I listened to Radio Four. I read Trotsky's History of the Russian Revolution which was condemned by the Greek Colonels for being Trotskyist. I sued to read a lot of books like that. I've got to get away from this crap before I start twittering.

If anyone is interested, the meditations have been going through the roof as usual. I'd be as well telling it to the hedgehog. If I had a hut manager, I'd get the comments thingy stopped because it just winds me up. This bloggy is not a help to anyone. It's narcissistic or voyeuristic, and all things arise, abide and sometimes must decline in mind.

8:52 a.m.
I started meditating today at 5 a.m. despite having four bottles of Erdinger last night. Incandescent it was, Jack! Bleeding incandescent!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The hedgehogs are coming out here. Sadly the only place I've seen them is dead on the road.

I've always thought of blogging as something I do to sort through the noise in my own head. I don't expect anyone to read it. But will admit I'm please when folks do.

I remember when I was a teen and realized that I would never live long enough to read all the books I wanted to. But I still keep reading anyway.

I don't get a TV signal so that distraction isn't a problem for me.

I actually get a great deal out of your blog. Even if I meditate differently. It makes me think, sometimes laugh.

I can always tell when you've been drinking because those are the days you tend to rail about blogging and flatheids the most.

Not every one can stay on track with meditation with the distractions of getting drunk/stoned. I admire your determination and stubbornness.

One thing I've learned is the only person I can change is ME. No one can follow the path I'm on, because we each have a different path. They all end up in the same place, some are just harder and longer than others. Sometimes they go side by side close enough to share ideas.

Hotboy said...

Marie! This was very kind! It's not your comments that wind me up. Usually no one's do. It's me that winds me up. Strange last few days with being dead crabbit sometimes and dead blissed at others. The crabbitness if from tiredness from training a lot. I shouldn't blog when I'm pissed. But I do! Somebody asked me to put a hedgehog they had in the allotment and I was wondering (whilst pissed!) what had happened to it. Not having a teevee signal has a lot going for it!! Just recently we've got a giant flatscreen thing ... but David Attenborough is on tonight. But I got pissed watching the footie last night. Terrible waste of time! Hotboy

rob said...

I say! Doctor John helped me recently by advising me to post more memories of the time when I had a life. You tried that too, and were getting the hang of it when you stopped, just as you were getting your hands on Cat Ballou. No wonder she gave you the flick.

rob said...

Who are these flatheids anyway, and why do none of them ever leave comments?

Anonymous said...

I read in the paper about flatscreen TVs getting so big and heavy that kiddies in your country are using them to flatten themselves. If this blog suddenly stops publishing, it can only mean you've stood on your heid too close to the telly and become a flatheid.

Hotboy said...

Albert? When did these comments arrive here? I'm still waiting for you telling us more about fondling frauleins in Aachen. If you blog yours, I'll blog mine! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, I'm working on it. So far I've got a working title for the blog. Open Trousers.