Sunday 31 August 2008

The Best of Possible...

Sunday 12:23 p.m.
I haven't even looked at the notes for The Revenge of the Traffic Wardens. Getting a secret agent(nearly two years ago now!), has put me off writing really. No point in starting another book somehow. I've written plenty of books.

In the last four years, I've written XXRaBlissBookXXX and I've re-worked the beginning of XXLightInTheDarkXXX and I've re-written XXXTheRealMcCoyXXX. It's time I started writing something else, but it might be time to write something with superb paragraphs and nobody getting stabbed 97 times on the first page. Hmmmm?

In the best of possible worlds, the agent will sell XXXTheRealMcCoyXXX and I will be able to give up my jobbie, by some miracle. Then I'll just go and sit in my hut. Reading the Life of Milarepa has been most inspiring. The sixty caves he meditated in are mentioned in the text. Some of them seem to be quite near Mount Everest. If I ever get any money again, I'd like to visit some of these caves. What a great adventure that would be! I think you can visit some of Guru Rinpoche's caves in Sikkim. So we live in hope!!

The first Rangers and Celtic game is just about to come on the radio. I'm going to do the bliss while listening to it. Who says hotboys can't multitask?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

"...it might be time to write something with superb paragraphs and nobody getting stabbed 97 times on the first page."

Hear, hear.

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! It might be because of that attitude that moi hasn't got a pot to piss in! Hotboy

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! I think you have to combine writing the superb paragraphs with the boy getting his head stabbed off in the first page. It's not caring about the paragraphs that's the problem. Just thinking you're doing it for the (lack of) money. But then it won't be any good and nobody will want it anyway. Superb paragraphs and the boy gets it on the first page. Way to go surely! Hotboy

onan the bavarian said...

Were the caves called Kings Cave? There's about 60 of them in Scotland. If Bruce was omnipresent, perhaps he was really your anagram guy.

Hotboy said...

Onan! Scottish caves aren't cold enough! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I'm going to drag you into NaNoWriMo this year. Just so you can write for the sake of writing. I've got 5 1/2 useless books. I expect I'll keep doing this for a while. I could end up with a very large pile of unread books at the rate I'm going.

Of course I have no dreams to find a secret agent. I'd rather have fabric.

Do what you love, the rest will follow.

Hotboy said...

Marie Rex: My problem is that I have been writing for the sake of writing! But 5,000 words a day or suchlike is well beyond my comfort zone. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Actually to do NaNoWriMo, you need only write 1667 words a day.

I did the 5,000 last year as a personal challenge.

The biggest problem folks who like to write seem to have with doing it is keeping their inner editor quiet.

Mine is defective, so it is easy for me. But I'm not serious about it.
*grin*