Wednesday 13 August 2008

Apres Lunch

Wednesday 13:17

Don't imagine!
Don't think!
Don't analyse!
Don't reflect!
Don't meditate!
Keep your spirit in its natural state.
Tilopa

I had a go at this stuff this morning. Amazing how big your consciousness can get! Still boundaries, but pretty vague.

Being a singular joe even here, I'm not doing the sadhana most of the folk here are doing. I don't have the sheets to recite, etc. Great seeing all these people doing it though, including making the hand gestures and all.

Nobody I know believes in mental forces, vibrations, energy .. Of course, they are the UnfortunateOneS. I don't believe in any things so I don't believe in mental forces, or vibrations either.

I saw a show about string theory once. The boy said it all comes down to teeny weeny bits of string in various contortions or shapes. What are they strings supposed to do, Hotboy. Vibrate, Jack! Vibrate!

I'm not tired. I'm happy. What an afternoon I'm going to have!

16:05
When all that heat and bliss is weaving and waving up your body, Jack, it's something else, so it is. What a fortunate creature I am, I am! What a fortunate creature I am! God knows what it'll be like when I can actually do this juju!

4 comments:

ion said...

May the heat be with you! Forget the physics- what about the birdies and bunnies? Please say hello.

In the last week, I've had to funeralise a dead mousie and a dead birdie (finch-type- grey upper plumage, a cream and speckled belly and yellow bars in its primary wing feathers), found at the bad-girl smokie place out the back of the jobbie.

The mousie was alright (for me, not it) because it was a Monday find and already half skeletonised. Dead, stiff and well gone. But the birdie was fresh and soft to the touch, looking as if some CPR might make it fly again.

What upset me was putting the birdie in the kitchen bin. The bad-girl smokie place is paved and the carpark gravelled, but I know now that next time I'll scrape back some gravel and do it with more respect.

Hotboy said...

Ion: Funerals already! Just spoke to somebody about a cat. Not well. Very old. Dearie me! But it looks not to bad dying of dementia when you're a cat, but what would I know! Hotboy p.s. How come midgies can stay alive when it's bucketing down?

ion said...

The Wans and I will visit a dementing feline at the weekend. He (Nu-nu) is not well at all, but his human is receiving an Alessi cat bowl for his (human's) birthday on Saturday. Not from me, BTW. Just hope the kitty survives to make the expense worth it.

Midgies are survivors. I haven't checked up recent entomological theory, but when I last read-up, it's only adult females who bite and suck blood, the fuel needed for the protein synthesis of egg-making and laying.

The males, if I recall, are even teeny-tinier in comparison, much shorter-lived and lacking an alimentary tract. Once the males have made it past nymph and imago stage to adulthood, they have about 2 euphoric, anorexic days to impregnate a female before they pop their clogs.

I don't know how midgies keep doing their midgie-thing in rain- maybe through some engineering improbability like the bumblebee's flight. But surely a single raindrop on midgie-scale would suffocate the spiracles and waterlog the wings. I reckon thousands drown for one successful rain-dodger.

Hope this helps.

Hotboy said...

Ion: Thanks for the midgie lifestyle briefing. There weren't so many of them around this time, but just wait ... do the wee buggers hide under the blades of grass? My tent confuses them. Ha, ha! Hotboy p.s. I knocked a slug off my tent peg today and then went back and saved it from being squooshed on the path. We're all on the path whether we like it or not. Hotboy